Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Urban Scrawl 6

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Urban Scrawl 6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I stopped by around 9:30-10 last night and had a good time catching up with Blammo and hanging with Jim Sweeney & crew. ;)

I was a little saddened that there was no lighting on the artwork, so viewing it after dark was pretty tough, but all the more reason to head back today I reckon. ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

My favorite piece was against the front wall towards the middle. Had a bunch of heads stacked on top of each other, one’s nose was a snake, and one was a skull. VERY cool, wish I had taken a picture.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This one? It’s by Nikos Rutkowski. Spotted it on Facebook and liked it too. ;)

http://www.nikosfyodor.com/

Local Artist Spotlight: Nikos Rutkowski

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Indeed :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Continues today from Noon to 6pm! ;)

Photo from Thefightinglibrarian via FB:

eatsyou

I had a blast this year at Urban Scrawl! My wife, Michelle Amos, and fried, Ira Tecson, did one of the murals. Here is a picture of it all finished. I know they had a good time.

400 W Rich is amazing, and I love what they are doing for the area.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Walker said:
    I stopped by around 9:30-10 last night and had a good time catching up with Blammo and hanging with Jim Sweeney & crew. ;)

I was a little saddened that there was no lighting on the artwork, so viewing it after dark was pretty tough, but all the more reason to head back today I reckon. ;)

Yeah it was one of a few things I forgot to set up in the day. I did however get the lights up around 10. You may have not noticed.. No biggie;) my body is broken today and we thank everyone who came out this weekend!

Matt Boyd
    Participant

This was a blast again this year. thanks to everyone involved in hosting this thing, and special thanks to Squared for bringing me out to play some tunes. Looking forward to next year.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

We had a really good time as always, thanks Chris for the hospitality, and thanks Sweeney for always making us feel welcome and right at home.

Really enjoyed Mister Shifter’s set, found myself unable to pull away and really just wanted to stay there and dig it. Good Stuff!

Nice meeting you too Mr. Shifter, maybe next time we can share a beer or two.

This is becoming one of my favorite festivals, to all the volunteers who made this year possible, Thank You!

See you guys next year!

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

This was my favorite mural this year…

I read that some of these are sold/auctioned off, any idea when that auction is or which ones are for sale?

That one above would look swell in my back yard!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Chris Sherman said:
    Yeah it was one of a few things I forgot to set up in the day. I did however get the lights up around 10. You may have not noticed.. No biggie;) my body is broken today and we thank everyone who came out this weekend!

I spotted some lights coming on after I had moved on to another area, but failed to notice that they were pointed at the artwork. Doh!

Great job on making this event a success for another year. And thanks for all of the house calls in between. ;) We owe you a favor or two!

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Walker your welcome bud. No project is ever easy. Story of my life..;)

JimSweeney
    Participant

Thanks to all who painted, sang, danced, spun records, volunteered, built art installations, or just hung out: It was a great couple of days. Perhaps next year we’ll be checking out some cool new buildings in the neighborhood.

News
    Participant

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.