Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Urban Republic - New Coffee-shop?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Urban Republic – New Coffee-shop?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Thory
    Participant

Does anyone know anything about this new coffee-shop?

I’ve seen their postings on Craigslist looking for employees, and I went by the other night (Grant and Broad St.). They have decals on the door but no info posted.

Has anyone heard anything about this place? Possible opening dates?

Chester999
    Participant

http://columbus.craigslist.org/fbh/1072027378.html

It’s not about latte art, or fancy pours. Latte artist?!?

offchance

http://www.blackplanet.com/professional_profile/?username=DarksideStyles

A guy from Illinois starts an internet cafe in Columbus with no prior specialty coffee experience…

Thory
    Participant

The name is kind of weak…

So far I think the ceiling looks nice.

I kind of dig the name actually, and the graphic seems kind of cool too. I’m not sure I get the whole “latte artistry” thing, but I’d probably check it out.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Chester999 wrote >>
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/fbh/1072027378.html
    It’s not about latte art, or fancy pours. Latte artist?!?

Agreed.. the latte should taste right first… any art you stick on top is just window dressing if it doesn’t taste right..

Is that in the Seneca? It’s pretty far east, but in this case you have CCAD across the street (not many coffeeshop options in the immediate vicinity) and the Seneca right there. It could work, we’ll just have to see how the coffee and atmosphere is.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There’s quite a few offices around Broad & Grant too, so I imagine they could get some decent foottraffic during the workday.

If anyone finds out an opening date, post it up. Looking forward to checking it out.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Yay! New business downtown, looking forward to checking them out!

Thory
    Participant

This is in the Seneca, so it’s close to the Library too. I hope they’ll be open later at night…at least 10pm?

jungaroo

When does it open? I work right across the corner – the view from my office is the Seneca. Finally, something besides Subway that is less than 2-3 long blocks away.

Thory
    Participant

Still not open, doesn’t seem to be much happening in there from when I looked through the window. Has anyone heard anything about this place?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I emailed the owner/manager person two months ago and never heard back.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: