Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

University Area Commission - August 21, 2013 Meeting Agenda

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development University Area Commission – August 21, 2013 Meeting Agenda

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dirtgirl
    Participant

On the agenda at this week’s University Area Commission meeting:

• Demolition of city-owned property at 1497 N. 4th St.
    • Preliminary discussion of conversion of 142 King Ave from a church to multi-unit residential
    • Update from Homeport Properties on their victorian heritage project (34 units at 1379 High Street, 8 townhomes at Clark & Dennison and 17 townhomes at 5th & Hamlet)
    • Update on Car2Go car sharing service, coming to Columbus

Full agenda at http://universityarea.org/2013/08/university-area-commission-august-20-2013-agenda/

The meeting will be held at Wednesday, 8/21 at 6:30 at 2231 N. High Room 100.

heresthecasey
    Participant

I know that this has been covered in the past, but can someone remind me of the difference between the University Area Commission (UAC) and the University Area Review Board (UARB)?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

dirtgirl said:
    • Preliminary discussion of conversion of 142 King Ave from a church to multi-unit residential

More on this, here:

Large apartment development proposed for 142 King Ave

dirtgirl
    Participant

Thanks @walker for the link.

@heresthecasey, I’m on the UAC and I’m not 100% clear, but here goes.

The UAC is like other area commissions in the city, made up of elected residents (who serve in one of 4 districts) and, in our case, appointed representatives of other groups (businesses, landlords, OSU, etc). It serves as your most local layer of city government, working with city officials and agencies to address community concerns and share information. It also has a zoning committee that acts in an advisory capacity to recommend how City Council and/or the zoning department decide on requests for variances. The planning committee is currently working with the city on a brand new plan for the entire University District.

UARB basically enforces design standards (architectural, signage, etc) set out in various documents like the urban overlay and the university impact district.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE