Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Underutilized High St properties in the SN

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Underutilized High St properties in the SN

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

ehill27
    Participant

Checksmart, UDF and Family Dollar are definately my top 3. After that, no strong feelings. The two metered lots don’t bother me much, partially because the have some masking from High.

To the inquiries about UDF lot and parcel ownership, UDF owns their lot and the adjacent gravel lot to the south. I’d heard they had wanted to build a gas station on the gravel lot in the past, but (fortunately) the SN commission wasn’t fond of that idea. IMO they may be holding the gravel lot in hopes that the commission may change its mind. I can’t imagine that they haven’t received NUMEROUS offers for that lot.

CheckSmart also owns their lot, which used to be a gas station, so environmental factors may be holding this one back. They have drilled samples from the property a couple times in the last 5 years. The sample wells are visible around the property.

ehill27
    Participant

Another High Street lot on the way out…

Multi-Story Development Proposed to Replace Haiku Parking Lot
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/multi-story-development-proposed-to-replace-haiku-parking-lot

lbl
    Participant

my 2 cents; metered parking is highly desirable. every lot need not be developed.
    totally agree that Family Dollar, Checksmart and UDF should at the very least get face-lifts to bring them into the 21st century.
    how can we get UDF to use their side lot as a food truck depot. three or four trucks could easily serve the area for lunches and weekends.
    this would bring them added income and fill some need for the timebeing. (though development would be preferred)

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jason Powell wrote:</div>
    I actually like the green space in front of Bollinger tower. It helps to give a breather between all of the storefronts and makes for a more visually interesting stretch. One of the problems I have with the Short North is the lack of green space along High St. Pedestrians need places to linger.

I’m with you on that.. as much as I love density you have to have a break every once in a while, after all we aren’t actually in NYC or Chicago with sidewalks wide enough to go 20+ people wide

A little “statue garden” or “art garden” with seating and tables could be a fun addition to the busy stretch on High, but I suspect a (significant) revenue source would have to arise to make any property owner put something together like that.

ehill27
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS