Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Uber

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    AshleyDevin
    AshleyDevin
    Participant

Good afternoon, I have a question for anyone familiar with Columbus. Although I lived there in 2005, it has been years since I have been there, and here is my question. I am coming into town on Monday for a show at the Newport. I was planning on taking an Uber from my hotel to the show, but I was concerned about the availability of cars when I am trying to get back to the hotel after the show. Because it is a Monday night, are there as many drivers around the area as there are on a weekend? I worry because around where I live, it is often hard to find a driver in your area, and I don’t want to be stranded after the show with no car. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thank you in advance!

jmiller10
    Participant

Hi there! I can’t say I’ve take a car on a Monday night, but I definitely have other weeknights, and even early mornings, and have never had an issue getting an UBER. I think evenings generally are ok, you might wait up to 10 minutes, but I’ve never waited any longer than that! Have fun at your concert!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

You will not have an issue. Columbus is saturated with Uber drivers.

johnwashere
    Participant

Like they said above… No issue. We also have LYFT again.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Yep, there are tons of ubers in the city at all hours. You won’t have a problem.

AshleyDevin
    AshleyDevin
    Participant

That’s what I was hoping to hear. Thank you all for your responses! I always loved Columbus; I’m excited to hang out there again:)

AshleyDevin
    AshleyDevin
    Participant

Thank you so much! Good to hear :)

placebohigh
    Participant

If for some reason you can’t find an Uber, try Lyft…the have a promotion for $5 off your first 10 rides within 14 days.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

If for some reason you can’t find an Uber, try Lyft…the have a promotion for $5 off your first 10 rides within 14 days.

Yup. I used Lyft for the first time a few weeks ago because of that promo. Was interesting to hear that many Uber drivers are also Lyft drivers. Best thing to do is use both apps. I start with Uber and if there aren’t any cars or if surge pricing is too high, I check out availability on Lyft.

To the original poster… you should have no problem finding an Uber by the Newport on a weeknight. You’re by campus so there will be plenty of Ubers. Only issue is when all the crowd leaves at once so you might want to find a spot away from the crowd so the driver can find you and someone doesn’t accidentally take your car. And beware of surge pricing which can sometimes get high after a show.

AshleyDevin
    AshleyDevin
    Participant

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated! And I feel much better knowing I won’t have a problem. Looking forward to being back in the wonderful city of Columbus :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS