Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

UA Taco Bell on W Henderson Rd/ COSI on Bethel Rd

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining UA Taco Bell on W Henderson Rd/ COSI on Bethel Rd

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

EJ9109

Does anyone know what happened to this Taco Bell? It looks closed when I drive by, and I know they’re renovating the one on 5th Ave in Grandview because of sewer problems. Just curious about these Taco Bells closing…

Also, what’s the deal with COSI closing on Bethel? I loved their salads. I thought I saw a sign on their door, but the signs are gone and everything and they’re all closed up too!

tolemac5050
    Participant

Henderson is a franchise, are you sure it was not closed for Easter?

GCrites80s
    Participant

When I go to other cities, people tell me I pronounce Cosi wrong.

EJ9109

tolemac5050 said:
    Henderson is a franchise, are you sure it was not closed for Easter?

It’s been closed for two weeks about.

tolemac5050
    Participant

It was open the other day, 3-4 cars at the drive thru…(Tuesday past)

lstout

The Starbucks at Henderson and Dierker is moving into the Taco Bell building. (Thank God!! Drive thru finally!) I don’t know about Cosi though… there’s one like 4-5 miles away at Sawmill and 161.

JB05
    Participant

Yea, I go by that COSI everyday. It’s closed up and empty inside, with a big ‘For Lease’ sign up front.

Between COSI, the still-vacant KMart on Olentangy and Bethel, and all the vacant office space along Bethel, things aren’t so great up here. The Henderson Road corridor continues to develop though, with a new commercial (re)development at Henderson & Kenny, and 2 new apartment buildings coming online.

mrpoppinzs

Bethel is hurting. I hope it doesn’t acquire Morse Rd syndrome.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

BTW that Kmart center was built before stormwater regulations required retention ponds – hit the satellite view and look at all that gray. Imagine how much warm water gets flushed into the Olentangy in a summer downpour.

susank

That Kmart is a large, old and outdated building. I remember it used to include a car service center. I am thinking they will probably tear it down as it is too large for a wig shop and too valuable of a location for an indoor flea market.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I’m surprised that Kmart has lasted this long; they’ve destroyed plenty of nicer places. Think of the community garden you could fit in that parking lot.

Ghosts of Columbus Past: There used to be city gardens on Bethel, IIRC about where Graeters is now. And there were gardens for several years in part of the A-B sports park, before the park was developed.

Graybeak
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    Bethel is hurting. I hope it doesn’t acquire Morse Rd syndrome.

Man, if only we could connect the two, both areas would be revitalized!

Patch
    Participant

alexs said:
    I’m surprised that Kmart has lasted this long; they’ve destroyed plenty of nicer places.

If it has a low lease rate, and its making money, they are keeping it open.

They have been walking away from the higher lease sites.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Patch said:
    If it has a low lease rate, and its making money, they are keeping it open.

They have been walking away from the higher lease sites.

Actually I meant just the building itself, not the business. It’s a crummy mess compared to the much newer Big Bear they tore down for the Walmart.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Ah, I couldn’t figure out if that Wal-Mart was all new or an expanded Big Bear. Now I know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION