Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Two25 17 Story High Rise Proposed for SE Columbus Commons

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Two25 17 Story High Rise Proposed for SE Columbus Commons

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 304 total)
  • Author

MHJ
    Participant

Sorry, but it gets bitterly cold here in the winter, so that’s a very useful amenity to provide for both office and residential tenants. I’m sure folks will be more than happy to come out onto the street in the spring, summer and fall, especially at lunchtime, after work, and when there’s activity on the Commons. I work in the complex of office buildings that runs up High Street across from the Statehouse, and honestly I did not go outside during the winter because I did not have to. Now that it’s warmer, I’ve gone out for lunch 3 or 4 times in the past 2 weeks alone. That’s anecdotal, of course, but I still think the point holds: a skywalk is not going to affect street traffic except when it’s below 20 degrees outside.

Not only that, but at that location, plenty of people will be taking public transportation, walking or biking to work and not even using the garage. I think a great question is whether they will be able to secure a CoGo station nearby.

columbusmike
    Participant

Not only that, but at that location, plenty of people will be taking public transportation, walking or biking to work and not even using the garage. I think a great question is whether they will be able to secure a CoGo station nearby.

FYI…there is already a CoGo station right across the street between the Commons and the Parking Garage.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Hilarious that the skywalk returns After being demolished. But will that garage have any space left after all those buildings go up at high and rich?

jbcmh81
    Participant

It’s a wonder the Northern states were ever colonized at all given the present-day belief that going outside in winter for more than a few minutes is considered to be a traumatizing ordeal.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It’s a wonder the Northern states were ever colonized at all given the present-day belief that going outside in winter for more than a few minutes is considered to be a traumatizing ordeal.

+1

I love that Ohio has cold winters and hot summers. I don’t think I’d want to live in a place that was missing one or the other.

Bundle up, wear an extra layer, and the winters here are fine.

jbcmh81
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jbcmh81 wrote:</div>

+1

I love that Ohio has cold winters and hot summers. I don’t think I’d want to live in a place that was missing one or the other.

Bundle up, wear an extra layer, and the winters here are fine.

Yep, I love being outside and walking around in the winter, especially when it was snowing. Those were the best Gallery Hops, imo.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Yep, I love being outside and walking around in the winter, especially when it was snowing. Those were the best Gallery Hops, imo.

Is nice to be out when the weather is crap. Everyone else stays home. Fewer lines, smaller crowds, less hassle.

paul.szuter
    paul.szuter
    Participant

Any news on this? Was the proposal ever accepted? If so, is there a timeline?

paul.szuter
    paul.szuter
    Participant

Bueller?

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Bueller?

From the original announcement in March – “Construction could begin as early as late this year, with completion expected sometime in either 2017 or 2018.”
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2015/03/25/last-park-high-rise-to-celebrate-good-views.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I believe the first pass at the Downtown Commission was just for conceptual review. I don’t think it’s been back for approval yet.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>paul.szuter wrote:</div>

I believe the first pass at the Downtown Commission was just for conceptual review. I don’t think it’s been back for approval yet.

It hasn’t hit the dtown commission yet from what I can remember reading… My guess is the that the announcement was made to see what sort of additional interest there might be before submitting anything for conceptual approval, hopefully to add a few more stories :)

Pro Se
    Participant

I remember from one of Walker’s interviews that they wouldn’t be doing anything until they wrapped things up on High Street.

paul.szuter
    paul.szuter
    Participant

I guess it’s still a bit too early to get excited about it then, haha.

bwitty92
    Participant

They can go ahead and start on this any time now….

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 304 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: