Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

FORNO - New Restaurant Coming to The Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining FORNO – New Restaurant Coming to The Short North

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I’d be more worried about spit and a rogue hair than MSG.

chrisat4th

So any actual reviews yet? The sushi at Daeoh places is actually usually pretty good, although I tend not to like them all that much overall.

3M TA3

There is truth to these crazy stories. The Black Olive does indeed use MSG, this info is from actual employees. It would be safe to assume the the same technique is used at Two Fish. However I cannot confirm how bad MSG may be – I really like Chinese food.

The story about the Exec Chef not being there on opening night is because after the first tasting (rumored amazing), Dae Oh fired him. Meaning he used the Chef for his newly created and menu. This info is from the family of the Chef.

Shame on you Dae Oh.

TaraK
    Participant

So has anyone eaten here? Seen a menu?

I noticed it for the first time driving by today. Maybe I’m oblivious when I cruise High St. (very likely), but it seemed like the big new windows, signage, etc. went up overnight. The decor looked really nice inside.

berdawn

any one tried this place, yet?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’ve not been in yet, but there usually seems to be a decent crowd in there when I’ve walked by and peeked in the windows around dinner time.

berdawn

Went about 12:30 for lunch on Sat but they were not open (despite posted hours on their website and door. Still not open at 2ish after leaving Lemongrass (which was awesome–forgotten how nice they are)

j
    Participant

i went the other day to try the brunch deal….i liked the pricing (i believe was $13 brunch buffet) however the food quality reminded me of something i would find at Denny’s. the saving grace is that they had a omelete chef to do custom omeletes.

in comparison to other Daeoh restaurants i thought 1.) it didnt make sense to offer a cliche brunch that was poorly executed 2. the quality of food seemed lacking

i think that he has great locations and amazing decor, however the food always seems very lacking in quality at all of his places….maybe its time to hire better chefs?

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

I had dinner here a few weeks ago and loved it. Our server (thin female, very short hair) was great, and our food was awesome. The fish taco appetizer was great.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I ate here over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised with both the appetizer (salmon crisps) and entree (tilapia). Lots of flavors, a little more spice than I would prefer, but overall a very good meal particularly for the price. I will be back, and soon.

Pablo
    Participant

Closed. Paper covering all the windows. Is this because of the upcoming renovations to the building?

heresthecasey
    Participant

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Closed. Paper covering all the windows. Is this because of the upcoming renovations to the building?

Which is funny since I think LivingSocial was just advertising coupons for this place last week.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The contrast in the size of the crowd between Bakersfield and Two Fish was a harbinger of things of to come.

Either way: Will be fun to see who takes on this space next. I can think of few locations better situated in Columbus.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Finally… I was shocked this didn’t happen 2 years ago. I’m ready to see the space go to a higher and better use.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: