Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

FORNO - New Restaurant Coming to The Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining FORNO – New Restaurant Coming to The Short North

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author

KyleEzell

In Short North, sign up corner of High and Buttles across from Black Olive that says “Two Fishes” restaurant. Sounds like MORE sushi? Or is it a fish place like RJ Snappers was?

zp945
    Participant

Seafood could be good. Sushi…I really hope not.

shmack

it’s another dae oh restaurant. given the odds…

tolemac5050
    Participant

Not the same topic but is Hubbard Grill open yet? (Old Rosendale’s)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

tolemac5050 wrote >>
    Not the same topic but is Hubbard Grill open yet? (Old Rosendale’s)

Spoke to the owners last week. They’re aiming for Thanksgiving-ish but not ready to announce an opening date just yet. Will post something up when I hear the official word.

Tintedlenzs

Old guy catching bus from in front of it says they open the 27th.

Tintedlenzs

Old guy catching bus from in front of it says they open the 27th.

zp945
    Participant

It looks good in there. That was a pretty big renovation in a fairly short time. Anyone seen or heard about the menu?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

zp945 wrote >>
    It looks good in there. That was a pretty big renovation in a fairly short time. Anyone seen or heard about the menu?

Yeah, I got a peek a few weeks ago and thought it had been transformed pretty quick.

Dae mentioned the menu, but the details escape me. Definitely a fish focus, and it sounds like the prices will be reasonable.

Will hit him up for more details as things sound like they’re pretty close to being finalized pretty soon.

Another retail space being replaced by a restaurantor…see the pattern folks. There goes another 10 meters out of the pool! LOL

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Wondering if Black Olive’s “Cheese and Mussels” will make it to the menu here.

spyder33

Anyone know what the deal is with this place? It’s looked almost finished for close to a month now. I have been by a few times during the day and don’t see any activity inside to speak of. Wasn’t sure if an opening date had been announced.

heatmiser

Anyone try the Two Fish Bistro last night? We had an odd experience.

drew
    Participant

heatmiser wrote >>

I haven’t been, but I’d be curious to hear more about your experience.

I spoke with a SN restauranteur yesterday who was surprised by the relative lack of advance buzz surrounding the place (both here and elsewhere). From what little I’ve seen, the space looks pretty nice… and I’m really curious about the food!

heatmiser

drew wrote >>

heatmiser wrote >>

I haven’t been, but I’d be curious to hear more about your experience.
    I spoke with a SN restauranteur yesterday who was surprised by the relative lack of advance buzz surrounding the place (both here and elsewhere). From what little I’ve seen, the space looks pretty nice… and I’m really curious about the food!

We heard the menu and food was supposed to be amazing. The menu looked great, but the execution seemed off. We asked if it was usual and they explained the Exec Chef was not in. This was the first opening Saturday night. How does that happen?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE