Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Tuxedo Rental

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Tuxedo Rental

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

chaptal
    Participant

Where can one go in this city to rent a tuxedo or good suit at a reasonable price?

joev
    Participant

I just have a negative recommendation – not Romanoff. That’s the only element of my wedding I was disappointed in – sizes were wrong, hems came out, buttons popped off, styles weren’t all the same. Don’t go there.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

why not buy a nice suit? Is Filene’s super suit sale coming up soon?

chaptal
    Participant

Anne wrote >>
    why not buy a nice suit? Is Filene’s super suit sale coming up soon?

I don’t know, is it :)

I may do that instead.

I’ve used Romanoff’s before, which is why I’m asking now.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I wore a tux from Romanoff’s (Dublin location) for a friend’s wedding not too long ago and had similar problems. The fit was odd, and I also had a button come off that I had to have someone help sew back on before the ceremony started. Ugh. I want to say that it was over $100 for the rental too. Which is an awful lot of money to wear a shabby suit for a few hours.

I second Anne’s comment about just buying a suit from a place like Filene’s during a sale. You can have it adjusted at a tailor if the fit is slightly off, and you’ll end up with something you can wear again and again and again.

turbo ninja
    Participant

I had nothing but good service from Romanoff’s downtown location and Ivan himself. All of my groomsmen came from out of town – I think my dad and I were the only ones to be measured at an actual Romanoff location – and the only issue we had was with one guy who got a tie that was slightly too big for his neck. Romanoff resolved it quickly.

They’re also the only local company I could find who carries flat-front tux trousers, which was my only “Groomzilla” requirement.

I think Men’s Wearhouse will rent suits, but I echo the idea to buy an inexpensive suit from Filene’s, or even Macy’s. I’ve seen some Calvin Klein separates that weren’t priced too badly. Even Target might have something that would work, provided you aren’t too picky or brand-conscious.

chaptal
    Participant

Thanks for all your ideas, very appreciated!

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

For our wedding we rented from Men’s Warehouse. Considering our wedding party were coming from three different cities, and picking and dropping off their tuxes at various locations, I think the service was really nice. All of the tuxes fit well, and no one had any problems.

catnfiddle
    Participant

mrsgeedeck wrote >>
    For our wedding we rented from Men’s Warehouse. Considering our wedding party were coming from three different cities, and picking and dropping off their tuxes at various locations, I think the service was really nice. All of the tuxes fit well, and no one had any problems.

They looked spectacular, too!

KarenW09

I would check S&K since they are going out of business. You may be able to find something that you like and that you can possibly wear in the future some time. My fiance is renting tuxes from Men’s Warehouse for our wedding in October. He’s been there a few times to look at tuxes, and for his fitting a few weeks ago. He cant say anything bad about them at all. I would recommend going to the MW store at Tuttle Crossing Mall. Good luck!!

Brant
    Participant

Good advice in this thread about how to properly wear a tuxedo. A little snobbish, but I learned a lot.

honavery

I’ve done Men’s Wearhouse a couple of times for weddings….they were pretty nice, and it was super convenient when I had to travel for weddings (I could just drop off in South Carolina the next day for instance). I went to the Men’s Wearhouse at Lennox for my sisters wedding in South Carolina (she picked out the style at a Florida location).

roy
    Participant

Gallo for rentals, 100% wonderful. Downtown on Spring Street, parking lot, Saturday hours.

I agree with Anne though: Consider buying a suit. Every gentleman should own one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.