Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Turn arrows in Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Turn arrows in Grandview

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I admire the gall of trying to start a pro car thread on here.

It’s not about being pro-car or anti-car.

It’s about maintaining the best balance for a neighborhood.

Scioto Tower
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Snarf wrote:</div>
    I admire the gall of trying to start a pro car thread on here.

It’s not about being pro-car or anti-car.

It’s about maintaining the best balance for a neighborhood.

And my only point was, if you are going to have streets…for cars…try to make them as safe and free flowing as possible. A certain % of people are going to have to drive on 5th, be it folks who work in the area but don’t live there, folks who don’t live there but are patronizing businesses, etc. And yes, I have looked at possible bus routes from my home in Hilliard to my job on W. 5th (west of Rt. 33) and they don’t exist…w/o multiple transfers.

ricospaz
    Participant

I live and work in Grandview. You may see me pushing a tricycle with my kid and walking my dog at the same time. I cross 5th avenue all the time without issue, and this is during afternoon rush hour. Mostly west of Grandview Ave. Traffic can back up on 5th but it’s nothing like driving through campus or State St. in Westerville, or 161 in Dublin. etc etc

GCrites80s
    Participant

Trust me, if you find driving on 5th boring now it will be even more boring with additional light phases. You’ll just rot further back toward Olenangy or Riverside.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: