Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Trick or Treat 2013

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Trick or Treat 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Analogue Kid
    Participant

So apparently the time has changed to 5:30pm instead of 6 for Columbus…

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/23638099/2013-trick-or-treat-times

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Carved the pumpkin, and I’m using a red glass restaurant table candle for the light. We’ll have a big blow-up ghost-in-pumpkin decoration inside the front door, that’s what kids will see, if we get any … I wanted to have it in the front garden, but not with this weather.

I’ll also try a small electric skillet as a hot potpourri with a pumpkin spice aroma mix.

ETA my hands smell like pumpkin.

M.O.
    Participant

We’re handing out ponchos and Snickers bars.

melikecheese
    Participant

The kid who dresses up as a hurricane weather reporter is going to have the best costume tonight!

derm
    derm
    Participant

Candy for the kids, condiment packets for high schoolers with no costumes and parents of 6 month olds who are bringing their kid in a stroller to get candy for themselves. Good way to get rid of the little Panera butters, horsey sauce, ketchup and soy sauce packets.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just had a huge wind gust knock down a tree limb. Kids are getting a ton of candy and we’re going to have a ton of leftovers. AND only one mom left with a beverage (other than ThaMissus). Strange days.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Funny thing is, it’s excellent haunted-graveyard weather.

We’ve had only one group so far, that will probably be it.

ETA time to see if Skittles dissolve in vodka…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

alexs said:
    ETA time to see if Skittles dissolve in vodka…

Yes!

Skittles Vodka Tutorial

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Jeezusgod, Walker, a POUND of Skittles? You’re fokking INSANE.

I just opened one little packet, made for children, innocent CHILDREN expecting treats, from strangers, and sorted out the yellow and green pills. So far the candy coating has dissolved and the vodka looks exactly like antifreeze.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

We had 7 groups of kids. Which is actually really good for us. Not many kids in our neighborhood.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

We had about 15 kids this year! A banner year compared to the two we had last time.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We had a nice time out in OTE as usual. Less kids than years previous due to the sprinkle/mist but a lot of people still giving out candy and having a nice time.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Just one group of two kids here.

Before I carve the pumpkin, I draw the face. This time I used a dry-erase marker and it works on a pumpkin, too; I could wipe the marks away with a dry paper towel.

GrimeyShiny
    GrimeyShiny
    Participant

Perm ,that is awesome. I get a few really big candy bars to give to little kids that show up with no costume high schoolers. I give the high schoolers smarties but mustard will be on the menu next year.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: