Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Tree Trimming Recommendations?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Tree Trimming Recommendations?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dat Hemroid
    dat Hemroid
    Participant

Anyone know of a cheap tree trimming contractor who is fully insured? There are a bunch in classifieds, but would I like some recommendations.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

Russell tree experts

expert tree service

davey tree

the cheapest may be the first, all are bonded.

turnedNOTburned
    Participant

I can second “Russell”

Unless you HAVE to remove/trim the tree, avoid it if you can – especially topping trees – opens them up to all kinda nasties and eventually puts them in a state of decline, severely shortening the life.

What kinda tree?

Lorence
    Participant

We’ve used Daniel Tree Service at least 5 times in the last 19 years to trim the humongous sugar maple in our tiny front yard (about 80ft tall now), and they serviced it for years for the people that had the house before us. They’ve done a great job for us. On time, on schedule, cleaned up afterward, and the tree always looks great.

Excellent advise above from turnedandburned about topping. Daniel’s told us that right up front when we first called them – don’t ever do it…

Daniel Tree Service Inc

2871 Fisher Road, Columbus, OH 43204

(614) 274-3314

daniel

I have a video on this very topic.

Kevin Masters is a certified Arborist with a background in improvisational comedy and a good friend of mine.

http://masterarbor.com

Lorence
    Participant

Lorence wrote We’ve used Daniel Tree Service at least 5 times in the last 19 years to trim the humongous sugar maple in our tiny front yard (about 80ft tall now), and they serviced it for years for the people that had the house before us. They’ve done a great job for us. On time, on schedule, cleaned up afterward, and the tree always looks great.

Excellent advise above from turnedandburned about topping. Daniel’s told us that right up front when we first called them – don’t ever do it…

Daniel Tree Service Inc

2871 Fisher Road, Columbus, OH 43204

(614) 274-3314

ok, so now I have to show you my tree:

From fall 1991:

From Maps.live – more recently:

dat Hemroid
    dat Hemroid
    Participant

Spanks for the referrals, guys! We have 2 big black walnuts and a tall maple….BTW, great video, Daniel. :lol:

turnedNOTburned
    Participant

dat Hemroid wrote Spanks for the referrals, guys! We have 2 big black walnuts and a tall maple….BTW, great video, Daniel. :lol:

Black Walnut? How would you like to be my new best friend? :)

I’m a woodturner and I use green wood for my work. Would you be interested in giving me some wood in exchange for some bowls? You can check out my stuff on the link below.

I especially like Urban reclamation as I only use trees that have to be taken down for other reasons – I don’t destroy trees for my craft, I recycle them :)

Ideally I go for trunk wood, between 6 to 30 inches (17 is ideal), no branches..

haircut

This is is a very well timed post for me. My husband just got out the yellow pages to try and find someone to cut down two trees in front of our house.

I will call one of the recommended people here. Thanks!

fyi.. I’m actually sad to loose them. One is totally dead and the other severely dying. Only one branch came back w/leaves this spring. They are about 10 yrs old purple leaf plum trees, which I guess dont have a very long life span.

dat Hemroid
    dat Hemroid
    Participant

turnedandburned wrote

Ideally I go for trunk wood, between 6 to 30 inches (17 is ideal), no branches..

They are only getting a trim, so I still need the trunks….but may have a couple decent size limbs left over. I would much rather have one of your beautiful bowls than using it for firewood! :wink:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: