Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Too Fat To Be Executed?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Too Fat To Be Executed?

This topic contains 76 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  News 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Bear
    Participant

Disregard of human life and fat jokes. All we need is partisanship for the trifecta.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Bear said:
    Disregard of human life and fat jokes. All we need is partisanship for the trifecta.

Liberal.

/trifecta complete

misskitty
    Participant

Doctor: Veins Of Obese Ohio Inmate Inaccessible
    COLUMBUS, Ohio — A condemned killer fighting his execution because of his extreme weight does not have accessible veins in his arms or hands and could not receive a lethal injection in his legs because he is so obese, a doctor said in a court filing.

Death row inmate Ronald Post wants a federal judge to stop his January execution on the grounds his weight could cause him to suffer severe pain during the procedure. The state opposes the request.
    [url=http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/nov/08/doctor-veins-obese-ohio-inmate-inaccessible-ar-1234392/]More Here…[/url]

ricospaz
    Participant

misskitty said:

Doctor: Veins Of Obese Ohio Inmate Inaccessible
    COLUMBUS, Ohio — A condemned killer fighting his execution because of his extreme weight does not have accessible veins in his arms or hands and could not receive a lethal injection in his legs because he is so obese, a doctor said in a court filing.

Death row inmate Ronald Post wants a federal judge to stop his January execution on the grounds his weight could cause him to suffer severe pain during the procedure. The state opposes the request.
    [url=http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/nov/08/doctor-veins-obese-ohio-inmate-inaccessible-ar-1234392/]More Here…[/url]

Cool Hang him then. veins don’t matter. Bring back the electric chair. Throw him off the top of a building. let him feel some terror.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Here’s a list of the nations that still use capital punishment…something to be proud of I guess?

Afghanistan
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Bahamas
    Bahrain
    Bangladesh
    Barbados
    Belarus
    Belize
    Botswana
    Chad
    China (People’s Republic)
    Comoros
    Congo (Democratic Republic)
    Cuba
    Dominica
    Egypt
    Equatorial Guinea
    Ethiopia
    Guinea
    Guyana
    India
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Iraq
    Jamaica
    Japan
    Jordan
    Kuwait
    Lebanon
    Lesotho
    Libya
    Malaysia
    Mongolia
    Nigeria
    North Korea
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Palestinian Authority
    Qatar
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    St. Lucia
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Saudi Arabia
    Sierra Leone
    Singapore
    Somalia
    Sudan
    Syria
    Taiwan
    Thailand
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Uganda
    United Arab Emirates
    United States
    Vietnam
    Yemen
    Zimbabwe

Rockmastermike
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    Cool Hang him then. veins don’t matter. Bring back the electric chair. Throw him off the top of a building. let him feel some terror.

hanging the obese actually tends to result in decapitation.

Hell, as big as he is he’ll probly be dead of heart failure before the appeals and legal wrangling for this execution are finished. Would cost less taxpayer money to just let that happen in due course. Lawyers are even more expensive than modest but reasonably humane prison medical care.

Jman4ever
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Here’s a list of the nations that still use capital punishment…something to be proud of I guess?

China (People’s Republic)

<TIC>Why change it then. I mean when we become a subsidiary of China, it makes sense to have as many policies match…. </TIC>

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Bleed him out.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    hanging the obese actually tends to result in decapitation.

Hell, as big as he is he’ll probly be dead of heart failure before the appeals and legal wrangling for this execution are finished. Would cost less taxpayer money to just let that happen in due course. Lawyers are even more expensive than modest but reasonably humane prison medical care.

If cost is the primary factor, a 12 gauge slug to the back of the head would get the job done for about $1.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

rus said:
    If cost is the primary factor, a 12 gauge slug to the back of the head would get the job done for about $1.

of course, I know you realize that method would lead to a whole new set of legal appeals and so forth. That $1 shell could very well end up costing more than 20 years of prison + diabeetus care.

ethical considerations of capital punishment aside (as other folks have covered them and I feel no need to rehash), its not ever going to be a cheap and easy process. Nor should it be.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    of course, I know you realize that method would lead to a whole new set of legal appeals and so forth. That $1 shell could very well end up costing more than 20 years of prison + diabeetus care.

ethical considerations of capital punishment aside (as other folks have covered them and I feel no need to rehash), its not ever going to be a cheap and easy process. Nor should it be.

On the other hand there’s a certain appeal in letting someone rot to death in prison. Talk about cruel.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

rus said:
    On the other hand there’s a certain appeal in letting someone rot to death in prison. Talk about cruel.

and of course taking the death penalty off the table puts them back in general population.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    and of course taking the death penalty off the table puts them back in general population.

Eh. Not really cruel enough, when you think about it.

The main reasoning against capital punishment is we can not trust the state to get it right 100% of the time. It follows then that irreversible actions of the state must be constrained.

Of course, I’d still like to see him die.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

rus said:

The main reasoning against capital punishment is we can not trust the state to get it right 100% of the time. It follows then that irreversible actions of the state must be constrained.

Of course, I’d still like to see him die.

Gonna address that in two parts:

1. When you make a mistake with a convicted prisoner who’s still alive, you can fix it regardless of how hard his time has been.

2. You’d like to see him die?

rus
    rus
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Gonna address that in two parts:

1. When you make a mistake with a convicted prisoner who’s still alive, you can fix it regardless of how hard his time has been.

2. You’d like to see him die?

1. It’s more about not believing that the state is competent, but that’s true also.

2. Yes. Capital punishment is very, very satisfying.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

subscribe_email Get Columbus News Updates in Your Inbox!

Stay in the know! Enter your email address to subscribe to the latest news: