Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Tom+Chee in Columbus (CLOSED)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Tom+Chee in Columbus (CLOSED)

This topic contains 63 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  GCrites80s 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Does it really matter? Seriously….creeper

Beats me. Dude has a serious malfunction.

3 posts ever on CU. All of them trying to explain how the “Tom & Chee Hilliard” location isn’t in Hilliard, when it couldn’t be any more in Hilliard.

Can we move on?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This is getting into some Clintonville-versus-Beechwold level of boundary dispute. Or 5xNW-versus-Grandview. ;)

Just wait until that part of Columbus/Hilliard is “discovered” by aging urbanistas……see Westgate, for instance.

Nobody lived there before…I mean, nobody important at least (mostly blue collar types, ewww). Now look at it…its totally amazing!

Maybe the Tom+Chee folks are on to something with this location choice?

geoyui
    Participant

Saw this on Tom+Chee Columbus:

Shouldn’t it be Tom+Chee Pickerington? Someone should let them know that …

Analogue Kid
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Stephen43215 wrote:</div>

3 posts ever on CU. All of them trying to explain how the “Tom & Chee Hilliard” location isn’t in Hilliard, when it couldn’t be any more in Hilliard.

Can we move on?

Apparently it does matter according to this thread: https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/frustration-with-inaccuratemisleading-geographic-locations-in-media-reporting

tolemac5050
    Participant

Signs went up last week..opposite of vision works…same old rubys building

robertfoshizzle
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mister Shifter wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Stephen43215 wrote:</div><br>

Can we move on?

Apparently it does matter according to this thread: https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/frustration-with-inaccuratemisleading-geographic-locations-in-media-reporting

Exactly. Heaven forbid you mix up 5XNW and Grandview or Clintonville and Beechwold, but when it comes to suburbs, if you correct someone… some people turn into condescending jerks. As a resident of Hilliard, I can confirm that Hilliard-Rome Rd. south of Roberts is indeed Columbus. Does it matter? No, not really, but I don’t see a need for the attitude.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

We made the trek out there on saturday for a early dinner. The line was to the door but moved quickly so no complaints. It’s pretty much exactly like the Newport location just in a different shape. A large chalkboard behind the register has the menu on it, you order, they give you a number, you sit, they bring it out to you. I’m happy to report that even with as packed as it was we got our food in a very timely manner.

I had the beer cheese soup and the Armagoetta. Both very tasty. To be honest I probably wont drive out there very often, but I will make it a point to stop if I’m there for something else.

null

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Tom+Chee
    May 28, 2014 8:00 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Nothing says Run Far Far Away like a giant line of customers spilling out the door of a joint. What could possibly be so delicious and so special that it’s worth investing hours of life standing in line? Fortunately, the line at Tom+Chee moves fast. In fact, it’s an order line that clips along in spite of the fact that Tom+Chee is a new spot -a spot where customers don’t already know the menu, and might be expected to spend a little time muddling around.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-tomchee-ma1

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Isn’t it basically a franchise gimmick restaurant? Those don’t seem to hang on for too long after the initial appeal ends. I wish the proprietors well but that is my experience. If I am out in the burbs, I’ll give it a try, but a great grilled cheese sandwich isn’t hard to find at numerous places in the downtown area.

But the location has had bad luck. It was a Ruby Tuesday, a Marlins & Rays and now Tom + Chee. Here’s hoping that this one will stick.

Nervous twitch – Marlin & Rays was one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

how could you go for a review and not get the Armagoetta?

GCrites80s
    Participant

People who don’t know the ‘Nati don’t know goetta.

heresthecasey
    Participant

It looks like Tom + Chee is headed to Campus for their next location.

They’re on the August UARB agenda for signage at 1980 N High, most recently home to Pera Fresh Istanbul Food (and previously Moe’s, Jimmy Guaco’s, Ali Baba’s, etc, et al).

Scioto Tower
    Participant

A friend’s experience at Tom & Chee:

“I was so excited to go to Tom + Chee, however this is what $11.75 gets you. 1/3 bowl of soup and a sandwich. I’m sorry this is ridiculous. In the end it is tomato basil soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. I will not be going back! — at Tom+Chee Hilliard.”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

why does that photo look like it’s from 1975?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: