Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Tipping inflation?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Tipping inflation?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 321 total)
  • Author

jennyw
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>

jennyw wrote >>

Cookie wrote >>

half a brick whole brick aye wrote >>
    First of all, if you come to America, you should learn how to speak English, especially if you know that you will be employed as a server, where communicating on a day-to-day basis with English-speaking Americans will be the basis of your job. If I ask you for limes 3 times and you still can’t understand me and bring me lemons instead, how the fuck am I supposed to get my limes? I can’t, because you can’t understand fucking English, and you should go back to Mexico and serve there instead. -5%
    I am a server and in my experience, servers are some of the most greedy people on the face of the planet. On a slow night I will usually average 10 dollars an hour, and that is at my shitty ass job in a dirty ass restaurant in Detroit. If that is not enough money for you basically doing absolutely nothing, then you should go to school. Janitors do more work than servers and they don’t even get paid 10 dollars an hour. I mean, come the fuck on. The most you can do is do is be as attentive as you can to your tables, and no, that doesn’t guarantee you a tip but that’s what you get for not going to school and waiting tables for a living. If you don’t like it, get a new job.

This must be the girlfriend.

Given that “half a brick” just registered on here ~30 min ago, I’m thinking “she” is more a product of mike’s imagination than, say, an actual person.

Are you suggesting his girlfriend lives in the Niagara Falls region?

Ha, yes. Or her name is George Glass.

Hael

Are you suggesting his girlfriend lives in the Niagara Falls region?

Well, Brian’s trying to tell me that in addition to the number of girls in the Niagara Falls area, that presently you and he are riding the hobby horse.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

DCist wrote >>
    As for where I work, its none of your business, and I would probably have you thrown out for being the rude guy anyway.

1) I’m not the guy who made that comment
    2) don’t be a jerk and stop feeding the trolls.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

dupe post, please ignore

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

DCist wrote >>

Rockmastermike wrote >>

DCist wrote >> And from what I hear, you get pretty terrible service,

You should go see for yourself instead of repeating ‘what you hear’. In my experience that’s just not true.

That is why I put that disclaimer on there. My point is, you cant compare the hospitality industry in the US to Europe, its completely different.
    As for where I work, its none of your business, and I would probably have you thrown out for being the rude guy anyway.

Digging yourself deep.

DCist

Rockmastermike wrote >>

DCist wrote >>

1) I’m not the guy who made that comment
    2) don’t be a jerk and stop feeding the trolls.

I didnt mean to imply that you wrote that before, Im still working out this quoting thing, sorry. And CU is being slow for me, so I was trying to combine a response.

mikegetsit

hahahha figment of my imagination, please, my baby looks better than any of you, i gurantee that. 5′ 2″ bout 103 pounds half white half asian. with hair so thick, man, you wouldnt believe it. plus didnt I tip well at club ice mama? I mean that place had great service so i tipped really well.

By the way, DCist, where the fuck do you work, a buffet?? It is a known fact that fine dining establishments do not have 8 table sections, at max they have about 4. Even in the shitty ass restaurant I work at, the table sections max out at 6. 8 table sections my ass. Fuck outta here.

Core_Models

mikegetsit wrote >>
    hahahha figment of my imagination, please, my baby looks better than any of you, i gurantee that. 5′ 2″ bout 103 pounds half white half asian. with hair so thick, man, you wouldnt believe it. plus didnt I tip well at club ice mama? I mean that place had great service so i tipped really well.

You are one strange cat.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

mikegetsit wrote >>

oh wow… obvious troll is OBVIOUS

Hael

By the way, DCist, where the fuck do you work, a buffet?? It is a known fact that fine dining establishments do not have 8 table sections, at max they have about 4. Even in the shitty ass restaurant I work at, the table sections max out at 6. 8 table sections my ass. Fuck outta here.

Were you born and raised East Coast? (Jersey, Philly, boroughs of NY?)

mikegetsit

ok baby i have work lunch, you can keep posting, or pos ttha tpicture of you on your sons bday with the white dress, hahaha, i am positive people will shut up then.

Core_Models

Are you posting from inside a correctional facility?

DCist

Hael wrote >>

Were you born and raised East Coast? (Jersey, Philly, boroughs of NY?)

Were you asking me? Im from FL.

I worked in fine dining in Columbus, where there are 8 table sections, especially on a Monday-Wednesday where they aren’t expecting to be busy, but often are.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

How to get banned 101, going on.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 321 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE