Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Tipping inflation?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Tipping inflation?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 321 total)
  • Author

Trixie
    Participant

mikegetsit

Well, i said i tipped at the mexican place, again that is entitlement, thinking you are entitled to something, in this world you are entitled to nothing. Entitlement programs a culture of entitled kids, the list goes on, it says more about our culture as a whole than it does me. I informed my girl about this thread maybe she can post my thoughts more eloquently thabn me. The entitlement really makes me sick though. The worl doesnt owe you anything kiddies.

Trixie
    Participant

mikegetsit wrote >>
    Actually, my girl has an account on here, and she is a server and my cupcake. While she does not share my views on tipping she shares my view that serving is an unskilled job, hence her going to school.

Alot of people make a living out of serving. It IS a skilled job. You have to be very skilled in dealing with pricks like you.

DCist

Yeah, wow. Serving doesnt take skill? Where does your “girl” work? McDonalds? You try to keep up with 8 different groups of people needing different things at different times. And, make sure you dont forget the 8 ingredients to the specials, and their prices. Oh, and you forgot the guy you just served bread to at one table has a gluten allergy. Yeah, no skill required in any of that!
    Education? If you know off the top of you head where all the oysters come from and their different flavors, please excuse this post. Or if you know all the ingredients that go into each sauce the chef makes and their origins, also please excuse me.
    Maybe you only dine at el vaquero or places like it, but I’ve worked in fine dining, and its not as easy as it seems.
    Could you deal with greasy men grabbing your arm/shoulder/etc and treating you like a prostitute, while the lady at table 3 keeps screaming at you to fill her water glass (but with no ice) while some rude parents let their kids scream and run near the kitchen door?

DCist

Yeah, wow. Serving doesnt take skill? Where does your “girl” work? McDonalds? You try to keep up with 8 different groups of people needing different things at different times. And, make sure you dont forget the 8 ingredients to the specials, and their prices. Oh, and you forgot the guy you just served bread to at one table has a gluten allergy. Yeah, no skill required in any of that!
    Education? If you know off the top of you head where all the oysters come from and their different flavors, please excuse this post. Or if you know all the ingredients that go into each sauce the chef makes and their origins, also please excuse me.
    Maybe you only dine at el vaquero or places like it, but I’ve worked in fine dining, and its not as easy as it seems.
    Could you deal with greasy men grabbing your arm/shoulder/etc and treating you like a prostitute, while the lady at table 3 keeps screaming at you to fill her water glass (but with no ice) while some rude parents let their kids scream and run near the kitchen door?

Oh, and dont forget to smile. The chef may throw a knife at you if you dont.

Cookie

mikegetsit wrote >>
    The entitlement really makes me sick though. The worl doesnt owe you anything kiddies.

Except chips and salsa.

somertimeoh
    Participant

If you still have a girlfriend after she reads all this then I’m completely baffled.

First of all, if you come to America, you should learn how to speak English, especially if you know that you will be employed as a server, where communicating on a day-to-day basis with English-speaking Americans will be the basis of your job. If I ask you for limes 3 times and you still can’t understand me and bring me lemons instead, how the fuck am I supposed to get my limes? I can’t, because you can’t understand fucking English, and you should go back to Mexico and serve there instead. -5%

I am a server and in my experience, servers are some of the most greedy people on the face of the planet. On a slow night I will usually average 10 dollars an hour, and that is at my shitty ass job in a dirty ass restaurant in Detroit. If that is not enough money for you basically doing absolutely nothing, then you should go to school. Janitors do more work than servers and they don’t even get paid 10 dollars an hour. I mean, come the fuck on. The most you can do is do is be as attentive as you can to your tables, and no, that doesn’t guarantee you a tip but that’s what you get for not going to school and waiting tables for a living. If you don’t like it, get a new job.

Trixie
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>

mikegetsit wrote >>
    The entitlement really makes me sick though. The worl doesnt owe you anything kiddies.

Except chips and salsa.

HAHA!!! Now I want El Vaquero.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

mikegetsit wrote >>
    Actually, my girl has an account on here, and she is a server and my cupcake.

Send her our condolences.

mikegetsit

Wow, my girl works at mcdonalds, meanwhile u are being treated like a hooker? Sounds like you arent working at such a fine dining establishment. In my opinion, if you dont want to be treated like that you could have gone to school and studied and had a nice cushy offiuce job, you decided to take the easy way out, and not put in the time. I would have stayed in school if you hate your job that much.

DCist

Trixie wrote >>

Cookie wrote >>

mikegetsit wrote >>

Except chips and salsa.

HAHA!!! Now I want El Vaquero.

Me too!! And I always get fun service there! Maybe “Mike” gets bad service there because hes not a good customer. My guys are always attentive, bring me what I want, and deal with me trying out my Spanish skills on them!

Core_Models

I’ve done almost every job you can imagine in the last 25 years, but I can tell you this…I worked at a restaurant once, for a total of 3 hours.

It is a hard f’ing job.

Pay them.

DCist

mikegetsit wrote >>
    Wow, my girl works at mcdonalds, meanwhile u are being treated like a hooker? Sounds like you arent working at such a fine dining establishment. In my opinion, if you dont want to be treated like that you could have gone to school and studied and had a nice cushy offiuce job, you decided to take the easy way out, and not put in the time. I would have stayed in school if you hate your job that much.

I am in school, and I bartend to pay for it, actually. All I am saying is, putting up with all that and doing it with a smile on your face, standing 15 hours on your feet at a time, is a skill of its own kind.

And if thats the only thing you got out of my post, maybe you should read and reflect a little bit longer.

Enough with the personal attacks.

mikegetsit

Hey, we figured out that you make aroun 15/hr, stop short changing yourself mama!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 321 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION