Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Timken Site Redevelopment - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Timken Site Redevelopment – News & Updates

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author

Mike88
    Participant

Hey, don’t knock the chicken district, it’s a Columbus Treasure! :)

Seriously though this is great news and a great fit for that area. Solid job growth, infill of an eyesore lot (hopefully improved infrastructure as far as the roads go).

Ideally this could help spur some growth in that part of town but I’m with the previous posters it’s going to take a little more than this to help get the neighborhood back on its feet.

Gotta start somewhere. Good news for the Chicken District though!

heresthecasey
    Participant

From what’s been released, it doesn’t sound like this will occupy the entirety of the Timken site. I think Rogue is a great anchor, but agree with JB and others that hopefully some additional mixed-use development fills out the rest of the site.

Is Jeni’s still looking for a larger space for their production kitchen? That would be great to see here, even without Stone. Also, some residential/retail buildings along Cleveland Ave would be a positive for the corridor and surrounding neighborhood.

jbcmh81
    Participant

From what’s been released, it doesn’t sound like this will occupy the entirety of the Timken site. I think Rogue is a great anchor, but agree with JB and others that hopefully some additional mixed-use development fills out the rest of the site.

Is Jeni’s still looking for a larger space for their production kitchen? That would be great to see here, even without Stone. Also, some residential/retail buildings along Cleveland Ave would be a positive for the corridor and surrounding neighborhood.

Agreed, though I wonder how high the interest is for residential on Cleveland when across the street looks so terrible.

force5
    Participant

I was really against Walmart but I was hoping for something more along the lines of another Target, Kroger and other retail. Something similar to Grandview Yard.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Rendering from 5th Ave – can’t quite tell the depth of the setback, looks good though.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Not bad, it looks like it will be fairly close to the street and have a continuous wall.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Looks like the ghost of a historic warehouse. I like it….as warehouses go.

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION