Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Tim Horton's at Broad and High

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Tim Horton’s at Broad and High

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

tolemac5050
    Participant

Tim Hortons to replace Dunkin’ Donuts at Broad and High

Thursday, March 31, 2011

By Marla Matzer Rose

The Columbus Dispatch

Tim Hortons will replace Dunkin’ Donuts in the Broad and High street retail space Downtown by mid-May. Casto, the building’s developer, confirmed the move a week after Dunkin’ Donuts was evicted for nonpayment of rent.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2011/03/31/tim-hortons-headed-to-broad-high.html?sid=101

misskitty
    Participant

Hmmm, I think this is leaving me a little disappointed. I guess I hoped for something better.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

I really hope they are 24/7. Downtown needs some 24/7 stops.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Nooooooooooooooo!
    D. Vader

rus
    rus
    Participant

hugh59 wrote >>
    Nooooooooooooooo!
    D. Vader

Timmy ho’s is Canadian. So it’s ‘Nooooooooooooooo, eh?’

Also, while it’s not something precious is there a real problem with tim hortons?

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Just reiterates that all of the former tenants excuses about location are null; all that is needed is a good operator and love or hate Tim Horton’s they are good operators.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

lizless wrote >>
    I really hope they are 24/7. Downtown needs some 24/7 stops.

+1

24/7 would be nice.

Also… how about a joint Tim Horton’s / Coldstone Creamery:

http://www.timhortons.com/us/en/about/coldstonecreamery.html

cyclist II
    Participant

They should put a Der Dutchman in there.

rus
    rus
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>

That might get some people to do more than drive through downtown, as far as retail goes…

cyclist II
    Participant

And Der Dutchman has a retail shop too selling pie, meat, butter, cheese, chaw chaw canned goods, candy, and fixin’ It would essentially add an eatery and grocery at the same time.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cyclist II wrote >>

A Der Dutchman inside the Tim Horton’s? I don’t think Tim Horton’s would go for that.

cyclist II
    Participant

Walker wrote >>

cyclist II wrote >>

A Der Dutchman inside the Tim Horton’s? I don’t think Tim Horton’s would go for that.

no

nix the hortons and put in Der Dutchman. Hey, maybe you can have a Marysville HS reunion at the Broad & High Der Dutchman. It would link your Union County roots to your urban pioneer present.

hojimoto

Der Dutchman would be cool. :) Love their doughnuts. However, a Tim’s isn’t that bad of an alternative. It’s not got the pull of abrand like Starbucks but the coffee is good :)

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

I love tim hortons and glad their there. I like them better than dunkin donuts

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Could be worse. Could be a Hardees. They replaced the McDonalds in the Ohio Union with a Hardees when I was in law school. I think it later became a Wendys. Now the whole foolish building is gone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: