Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Thurman to Go

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Thurman to Go

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Quick Byte: Thurman to Go

Posted by cmh gourmand

December 26, 2012

Now – you can get a Thurman Burger or a Thurmantor to go. The space is simple – an order counter and some menus, there are no chairs and outside some cool posters, no decor. Thurman To Go exists entirely for the production and distribution of Thurman Burgers. These oversized burgers teetering with toppings on the edge of collapse can be ordered by phone and picked up on the go. This should please some, especially those that are looking to add a notch to their food eating trophy case but don’t have the stamina to wait in line at a place that takes no reservations.

READ MORE: http://cmhgourmand.com/2012/12/26/quick-byte-thurman-to-go/

mrpoppinzs

Seems like calling ahead and ordering to go from the original store would accomplish the same thing and cost them less rent. If the new store front was in a different part of town I could understand this better.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

The subject title of this thread sent a wave of shock through my system. I immediately thought to go…as in leave….which would have been devastating. Whew!

Most of what I love about Thurman is the experience inside: the great service and staff, the comfy booths and crowded bar, cold draught beers, good music and the always friendly crowd. The food to me is just the icing on an already amazing cake.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

The use of this space has made me crazy for years though. I’ve never gotten the idea of half the restaurant basically being a waiting room instead of actually putting a few tables in there and, you know, selling food.

Pro Se
    Participant

I’ve ordered Thurman’s over the phone and picked up at the bar many times. This will certainly make the pick-up experience easier. My guess is that it will also be less hecktic for them to take, prepare and serve to go orders with this new expansion.

u-huh

lizless said:
    Most of what I love about Thurman is the experience inside: the great service and staff, the comfy booths and crowded bar, cold draught beers, good music and the always friendly crowd. The food to me is just the icing on an already amazing cake.

That is why we go there.
    The experiance.
    Waiting and then driving home to eat a burger that has congealed seems silly.
    The new idea has all the charm of going to a bar and ordering a six pack to take home.

But that is just how we feel, I’m sure it will be a success.

News
    Participant

[b]Thurman’s To-Go Opens in Pataskala[/b]
    Published on October 6, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

[i]Thurman’s Café, located at 183 Thurman Avenue, has been a Columbus institution for over 70 years. This past April, in response to the many complaints about long wait times for seating and service, Thurman’s launched a carryout-only venture adjacent to the restaurant, at 189 Thurman Avenue.
    [/i]
    [i]The success of Thurman’s To-Go has been obvious. Customer satisfaction has risen, and so lucrative is the concept that it’s not only garnered its own crowd of regulars, but has spawned the inception of an entirely new location.
    [/i]
    READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/thurmans-to-go-opens-in-pataskala-aw1

News
    Participant

[b]Restaurant review: Thurman’s lives up to hype, pits man against monstrous burgers[/b]
    February 27, 2014
    Hayden Grove

[i]Nestled in the outskirts of Columbus’ German Village lies a burger institution — one that has received the attention of one of America’s most-watched television shows. The Thurman Cafe, located at 183 Thurman Ave., was one of a few Columbus eateries featured on Travel Channel’s “Man v. Food” with famous foodie Adam Richman after being established as one of Ohio’s most compelling burger joints.
    [/i]

READ MORE: http://thelantern.com/2014/02/restaurant-review-thurmans-lives-hype-pits-man-monstrous-burger/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.