Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Threatening a Mosque in Hilliard?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Threatening a Mosque in Hilliard?

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I am as much against radical Muslims as I am against groups such as the KKK and Westboro Baptist folks.

And yet I don’t see any statements about radical Christians now becoming a majority among the entire religion, although their numbers are on the rise right here at home.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/spring/rage-on-the-right

Just to be clear, I’m not at all suggesting radicalized Christians and extreme groups are remotely representative of most Christians…making that statement based on groups like this would be irresponsible and silly.

wpcc88
    Participant

I am as much against radical Muslims as I am against groups such as the KKK and Westboro Baptist folks.

And yet I don’t see any statements about radical Christians now becoming a majority among the entire religion, although their numbers are on the rise right here at home.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/spring/rage-on-the-right

Just to be clear, I’m not at all suggesting radicalized Christians and extreme groups are remotely representative of most Christians…making that statement based on groups like this would be irresponsible and silly.

When have radicalized Christians pulled off anything like 9/11, the Embassy Bombings, Paris, Boston or Bali? IMO Africa is a wash because that place is a mess from both sides it just depends on the year who is worse. Yes there have been pipe bombs at abortion clinics but I can’t remember them ever doing anything to the scale that radical Islam has done worldwide. That article that you posted for one is 5 years old and two you’re lumping right-wing radicals in as Christian/religious terrorists which they are not even close to being. They are anti-everyone that isn’t them, that includes Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Mexicans, the Government and all the above. They are just as bad in my eyes but honestly aren’t smart enough to pull off what Islamic terrorists are able to pull off. Most are just poor backwoods people that live off the very government that they hate.

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

lol the Klan has been beatin down by the fed govt they no longer preach hate, there might be some offshoots that still try to, the klan is about non violent resolution they gave up , however the black panther party who can stand in front of voting precints armed is ok, every “white” militia skinhead ohio hooligans etc get beat down by the feds while the nation of islam can preach hate and violence with nothing said to them. Homosapians have been killing each other since we took are first breath, look at history nothing new going on here except we have real time coverage of events, we are a war type killing species plain and simple we dont get our way we battle, till we realize were on a little blue dot floating in a place we have no clue as how or why were here were in trouble,imo religion is nothing more than brainwashing, take a human baby and from birth teach him a flower is god and the baby grows up believing the flower is god, we all live on a very odd chunk of matter floating in dark matter,I pray one day as a species we realize were stuck on this marble and no god is going to save us.

McFly
    Participant

All the usual caveats about wikipedia aside, there is an interesting chart that shows many of the terrorist attacks of 2014. Pay particular attention to the “Perpetrator” column as you scroll through.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_2014

I don’t buy into the idea that the majority of folks practicing Islam are radical and/or violent. But the folks who try to equate radical Islam with radical Christianity seem foolish in light of such overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I guess I don’t get the point of debating which group of religious extremists is more violent, because fuck them all?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

When have radicalized Christians pulled off anything like 9/11, the Embassy Bombings, Paris, Boston or Bali?

Bombing the olympics? Committing repeated ethnic cleansing in Bosnia?

you’re lumping right-wing radicals in as Christian/religious terrorists

Oh, the irony.

McFly
    Participant

All caveats and qualifications about wikipedia aside, they have an interesting (largely cross-referenced) chart containing many of 2014’s terrorist attacks. Pay particular attention to the “Perpetrator” column:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_2014

I don’t subscribe to the idea that the majority of Muslims are radical/violent, but anyone trying to equate radical Islam with radical Christianity just seems foolish in light of the events of the last decade or so.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE