Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Threatening a Mosque in Hilliard?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Threatening a Mosque in Hilliard?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/01/11/hilliard-ohio–hilliard-police-investigate-threat-to-mosque.html

I just wanted to scream when I read this. The blind fucking ignorance of it all. The fucking hate filled morons involved in the threats. FUCK

I am ashamed for Columbus that some fucking idiots have tried to scare these people.

I hope they catch these fucking shit stains of humanity that have done this and punish them harshly.

FUCK!!!

http://i.imgur.com/bvkskHq.jpg

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

Sadly not surprising. The fundamentalist nuts in both Christianity and Islam run rampant, while the many more decent and reasonable people in both religions and others suffer for their violent idiocy and fanaticism.

dubdave00
    Participant

I used to vote at that Mosque. Beautiful building… And most of the Muslims I met around there were family people with careers in medicine, engineering, computer science, and education.

It’s quite a distinction from the way many Muslims live in Europe. We had some really progressive friends from Europe in town a few years back and they thought it was CRAZY we “allowed” that Mosque to be built. They said it would attract all sorts of homelessness and crime. Then we drove them through the McMansion neighborhood it’s in. We couldn’t believe for all of the views they hold that they reacted so right-wing and vehemently. Certainly eye-opening.

I gather in Europe it’s more of an economic and income inequality problem, similar to America’s on racial levels. When people don’t have economic mobility, they can latch on to group identities (Religious, ideological, cultural, whatever) and potentially fuel fanaticism as a way to cope or rebel against it.

Hopefully they catch the person making the threats. They’re probably empty but nonetheless ridiculous, misguided, and unjustified.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

If there are any Muslims in the area scared of these idiots #illridewithyou

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

http://i.imgur.com/bvkskHq.jpg

FYI.. changed your image embed to a link. I’ve got no problem with the coarse language, but a lot of people browse this site while at work and they don’t need to automatically see a giant “FUCK YOU” sign on their screen. ;)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Anyone that thinks their God/religion is the one true one is an asshole.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Anyone seen Bill Maher around Hilliard?

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

My apologies Walker. I was pretty upset last night when I made my first post. Still am though.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

Then there is Fox News, the beacon of stupidity in our country.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

El Diablo last night IIRC

clearly NSFW

wpcc88
    Participant

Question El Diablo do you get as pissed off when someone steals the collection basket from a Christian Church or when a Synagogue is vandalized?

Radical Muslims are to blame for this and they are slowly becoming the majority in that religion. There have been cells in Ohio, in Columbus as a matter of fact. I am not saying anyone deserves to have their house of worship vandalized and I hope the people that did this are caught and prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law. But don’t be shocked when something like this happens when they continue to commit acts of terror worldwide.

jbcmh81
    Participant

Question El Diablo do you get as pissed off when someone steals the collection basket from a Christian Church or when a Synagogue is vandalized?

Radical Muslims are to blame for this and they are slowly becoming the majority in that religion. There have worship vandalized and I hope the people that did this are caught and prosecuted to the furthest extent of the been cells in Ohio, in Columbus as a matter of fact. I am not saying anyone deserves to have their house of law. But don’t be shocked when something like this happens when they continue to commit acts of terror worldwide.

This is such crap. While you attempted to qualify your statement, it boils down to you think they had it coming. This even though you have absolutely no proof whatsoever that anyone involved with this mosque are in any way extremist or condone terrorism. Absolute shameful ignorance.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Extremists come in all colors.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

they are slowly becoming the majority in that religion.

No, they aren’t.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

Radical Muslims are to blame for this and they are slowly becoming the majority in that religion. There have been cells in Ohio, in Columbus as a matter of fact. I am not saying anyone deserves to have their house of worship vandalized and I hope the people that did this are caught and prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law. But don’t be shocked when something like this happens when they continue to commit acts of terror worldwide.

They? Who is this “they” you are talking about? Are you lumping all Muslims in with the Jihadis?
    That’s a very broad brush to paint an entire religious group with. The same one Scare/Fox News paints with.

Threatening a Mosque is plain old domestic terrorism all the way thru.

Stealing from the collection plate isn’t even close.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE