Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

This is my gluten-free rant.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat This is my gluten-free rant.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

short pants

sixby9is42 wrote >>

rus wrote >>
    On the other hand, carbs suck:
    http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-carbs-20101220,0,5893431,full.story

“A growing number of top nutritional scientists blame excessive carbohydrates — not fat — for America’s ills.
    Americans, on average, eat 250 to 300 grams of carbs a day, accounting for about 55% of their caloric intake. The most conservative recommendations say they should eat half that amount.”

Without doing any research or rattling off numbers, I can safely bet that those carbs are consumed in sugary foods and ESPECIALLY sugary drinks (read: SODAS and alcohol) or junk food of some sort. If we were consuming excessive carbs in the form of whole grains the only problem we would have is the toilet paper industry would collapse on itself b/c everybody’s poo would be making a ‘clean get away’ lollllllll
    not serious thread is not too serious.

AmyArt21
    Participant

Does Crone‘s Disease turn you in to a witch-like old woman?! :)

short pants

0Angle wrote >>

Cookie wrote >>
    Maybe Short Pants and Red Sun Rising can have a contest to decide who cares more about what other people eat.

Don’t neglect those that want to force feed everybody (gluten free, maybe) sweet, sweet bacon! Human GRAS! Whoops! I guess you’d have to actually force feed them gluten…
    http://www.heartscanblog.org/2010/09/human-foie-gras.html</

if bacon ever gets blacklisted, ima find the person that wrote the anti bacon diet book that caused the hypothetical fad diet and I’m offing them with no remorse.

short pants

AmyArt21 wrote >>
    Does Crone‘s Disease turn you in to a witch-like old woman?! :)

I would imagine it doesn’t b/c I’m young and cute…I’ll send you some pics if you’re interested ;)

Andrew Hall

I guess if you make a big deal about it (like bacon), it isn’t a fad. But if other people do, then it is?

A.

short pants

I eat everything in moderation, which is why I don’t have health or weight issues.
    Just b/c I happen to love bacon does not in any way imply that I shove piles of bacon into my face for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

sixby9is42

short pants wrote >>
    Humans have been eating bread/wheat since we quit dragging our knuckles on the ground, that was a pretty long time ago, (I can research an exact date for you, Andrew Hall)

I believe humans started growing wheat around 15,000 years ago.

rus
    rus
    Participant

0Angle wrote >>

Cookie wrote >>
    Maybe Short Pants and Red Sun Rising can have a contest to decide who cares more about what other people eat.

Don’t neglect those that want to force feed everybody (gluten free, maybe) sweet, sweet bacon! Human GRAS! Whoops! I guess you’d have to actually force feed them gluten…
    http://www.heartscanblog.org/2010/09/human-foie-gras.html

Hehe.. like that article. Not anti-bacon at all for those click adverse, but instead pointing out that a high carb diet and chronic alcoholism have similar effects on the liver.

short pants

Andrew Hall wrote >>

short pants wrote >>
    I was hospitalized for Crones Disease a few years back..

I thought throwing into a pond was the treatment for Crones Disease.
    A.

No Andrew Hall, you are incorrect AGAIN.
    Pond throwing is actually the preferred treatment for “Twitter Turrets” syndrome. You should hurry up and get treated before you go spouting off at the mouth again, you little e-thug, you :)

Cookie

short pants wrote >>
    “Twitter Turrets”

I thought I had this once, but it turned out to be bats in my belfry.

berdawn

short pants wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>

short pants wrote >>
    I was hospitalized for Crones Disease a few years back..

I thought throwing into a pond was the treatment for Crones Disease.
    A.

No Andrew Hall, you are incorrect AGAIN.
    Pond throwing is actually the preferred treatment for “Twitter Turrets” syndrome. You should hurry up and get treated before you go spouting off at the mouth again, you little e-thug, you :)

what’s the cure for alt. alcoves?

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

short pants wrote >>
    Without doing any research or rattling off numbers, I can safely bet that those carbs are consumed in sugary foods and ESPECIALLY sugary drinks

This is the definitive Shortpants quote. A dumb statement wrapped in a memo saying he’s too lazy to check whether or not he’s correct.

short pants

JimL2 wrote >>

short pants wrote >>
    Without doing any research or rattling off numbers, I can safely bet that those carbs are consumed in sugary foods and ESPECIALLY sugary drinks

This is the definitive Shortpants quote. A dumb statement wrapped in a memo saying he’s too lazy to check whether or not he’s correct.

I know common sense ain’t too common these days, but come on dude, the answer is obvious…if carbs not fat are causing health problems in Americans, and we drink soda like it’s nobody’s business, what more scientific evidence do you need???? :rolleyes: if anything, you can attempt to prove me wrong by researching facts stating the opposite-that eating carbs in the form of whole grains, not sugary drinks, is to blame for Americans health & weight issues. See how dumb that sounds?
    I’m not gonna go google and wiki a bunch of crap to argue with you about.
    and you’re the dumb one, if you couldn’t tell by my avatar, I’m not a dude.

drew
    Participant

short pants wrote >>
    No Andrew Hall, you are incorrect AGAIN… crones, turrets.

Your comically bizarre misspellings are sucking the wind out of your sales*.

*yes, I know.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

short pants wrote >>

JimL2 wrote >>

short pants wrote >>

I know common sense ain’t too common these days, but come on dude, the answer is obvious…if carbs not fat are causing health problems in Americans, and we drink soda like it’s nobody’s business, what more scientific evidence do you need???? :rolleyes:
    I’m not gonna go google and wiki a bunch of crap with argue with you about.
    and you’re the dumb one, if you couldn’t tell by my avatar, I’m not a dude.

you sound highly intelligent.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION