Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

This is my gluten-free rant.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat This is my gluten-free rant.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

short pants

Disclaimer: this thread contains no gluten, so it’s safe for all you celiacs…and all you other sheeple who just want to ride the gluten-free wave

Seriously, what is wrong with you guys? Can’t you see this fad diet is simply the Atkins diet renamed and repackaged? Only a very tiny percent of Americans are celiacs (it’s been said less than 1%) so why are restaurants and grocery stores catering to the gluten-free diet? Because they’re making lots of money off of you, duh.

…and you guys that order a fried chicken sandwich or cheeseburger with no bun….YOU ARE RETARDED.

IT’S CALLED MODERATION! Why is this so hard for ppl to understand???

Here’s a novel concept- get off your fat a$$ and exercise, quit drinking a double mocha latte every morning, and make healthy lifestyle changes.

[/rant]

c4415b66.jpg

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Too many fatties looking for excuses!

rus
    rus
    Participant

sixby9is42

rus wrote >>
    On the other hand, carbs suck:
    http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-carbs-20101220,0,5893431,full.story

“A growing number of top nutritional scientists blame excessive carbohydrates — not fat — for America’s ills.

Americans, on average, eat 250 to 300 grams of carbs a day, accounting for about 55% of their caloric intake. The most conservative recommendations say they should eat half that amount.”

Andrew Hall

1% of the US population equals ~ 3 million people. That is a non-small market.

Gluten-free is not the same as non-carb (Atkins), so the comparison above shows a pretty poor understanding.

A.

joev
    Participant

There’s no doubt that gluten-free is a diet fad, though, among those who don’t actually have celiac.

i have two friends who do not have celiacs but have had major stomach issues for big chunks of their lives…not eating gluten has helped them immensely.

i really don’t understand why people care so much about what other people put in their bodies.

short pants

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    1% of the US population equals ~ 3 million people. That is a non-small market.
    Gluten-free is not the same as non-carb (Atkins), so the comparison above shows a pretty poor understanding.
    A.

Thats not my point. It’s a FAD diet and is similar to Atkins because nobody wants to eat bread or pasta again, but this time it’s b/c of the gluten, not the carbs. From what I read, it was said that there are about 40,000-110,000 people who are physician-diagnosed celiacs. I said LESS than 1% in my original post, that’s poor reading comprehension Andrew Hall

AmyArt21
    Participant

Columbus Music Co-op wrote >>
    i really don’t understand why people care so much about what other people put in their bodies.

LIKE!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Columbus Music Co-op wrote >>
    i have two friends who do not have celiacs but have had major stomach issues for big chunks of their lives…not eating gluten has helped them immensely.

Can be a pain if you go out to eat with them… no pasta, pizza, cakes, pies, cookies, etc. . Can limit where one goes.

On the other hand, steaks are in so it’s less annoying than some other trends.

Cookie

Maybe Short Pants and Red Sun Rising can have a contest to decide who cares more about what other people eat.

short pants

Humans have been eating bread/wheat since we quit dragging our knuckles on the ground, that was a pretty long time ago, (I can research an exact date for you, Andrew Hall)
    and now suddenly gluten has been blacklisted as the communist ingredient in our diet causing all kinds of mysterious undiagnosed medical issues.
    I was hospitalized for Crones Disease a few years back. They didn’t tell me to go gluten-free. I reduced my stress levels and the problem went away on it’s own. I’m simply pointing out that people always want something to blame for their problems without thinking too hard and considering the larger picture.
    I could care less what you put in your body, but when I see you eating a cheeseburger with no bun I’m going to point and laugh at you, because if you’re doing it for dietary reasons (other than being a celiac), you’re doing it wrong.

Cookie

short pants wrote >>
    Crones Disease

I think I have this.

Andrew Hall

short pants wrote >>

I was hospitalized for Crones Disease a few years back..

I thought throwing into a pond was the treatment for Crones Disease.

A.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cookie wrote >>
    Maybe Short Pants and Red Sun Rising can have a contest to decide who cares more about what other people eat.

Don’t neglect those that want to force feed everybody (gluten free, maybe) sweet, sweet bacon! Human GRAS! Whoops! I guess you’d have to actually force feed them gluten…
    http://www.heartscanblog.org/2010/09/human-foie-gras.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION