Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Wood Companies Short North Apartment Building - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Wood Companies Short North Apartment Building – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Sanborn Wood indicated that retail at the back end is part of the plan facing North – should be a great addition to jazz up that corner and they always do great quality construction projects….

zp945
    Participant

I don’t think there will be retail in the back. I’m pretty sure it will be parking for the apartments.

Have you checked out the parking at rear of The Dakota…weird and strange – hope Sanborn’s plan is better

cyclist II
    Participant

This project started maybe two weeks ago. The old back of the building has no roof right now.

cbustransit
    Participant

they finally have some stuff up above the first story! Exciting!

zp945
    Participant

After six months of delays the major push of construction on the additional stories starts tomorrow. Scaffolding is going up on Wednesday and Thursday and the steel beams will be erected shortly after. I’m excited for a big construction project to get done in the neighborhood after a few false starts. The Wood Companies continue to be a driving force in the development of the Short North.

We will be open during construction, as will all the other great businesses on our block and I urge everyone interested in seeing more projects like this to patronize zpizza, Paradise Garage, Old World New Home and Northstar as we go through this process.

tree_sketcher
    Participant

Thanks for the update! Very excited about this project and will certainly continue to support the businesses on this block.

Please remember to support the Olde Towne East business district too…the bit of dust from my friend Sanborn Wood’s project is nothing compared with the new I171/70 rebuild – it will be great when finished, but to worry about a little dust on High Street near this project seems a bit a silly!

And as an ex VV villager I lived 3 blocks away from Northstar as well…I know the strip and the issues…I’m sure this will be an asset and a nice addition to the the hood! I love Northstar, but think the construction is a non-event. Lets focus on the Goodale Park fountain and get that completed – I think it has been almost 22 months…LOL

zp945
    Participant

KingLincolnUrbanEntusiast I would also urge people to support small businesses all over the city but as someone who has invested a considerable amount of time and money in to this particular block, I was urging people to remember us during construction. The addition of three stories is quite a project! Maybe not on the scale of the 70/71 split but they are not really related.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yes, please keep this on topic. This has nothing to do with 70/71, and I agree that zpizza’s concerns are valid. A bit of scaffolding can scare away customers very easily. Definitely continue to shop and support the businesses in (and around) this development during construction!

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Zpizza for me. See you soon!

JayR

Are there any estimates for home much these are going to cost? The drawings look great and I’m glad to see the Short North is developing more!

zp945
    Participant

@JayR They are apartments not condos and I think they will rent for $900-$1200. That’s just a guess though. If you call the Wood Companies you might get better info.

zp945
    Participant

Unfortunately, zpizza will be closed for a few days. The construction project above us caused a leak and the water damage will take some time to clean up. We hope to be back serving you by Wednesday, September 21st. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

zp945 said:
    Unfortunately, zpizza will be closed for a few days. The construction project above us caused a leak and the water damage will take some time to clean up. We hope to be back serving you by Wednesday, September 21st. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Boo! That’s no good. Let us know as soon as you’re reopen and we’ll put out the word for everyone to make a zpizza visit! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!