Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Wood Companies Short North Apartment Building - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Wood Companies Short North Apartment Building – News & Updates

This topic contains 108 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ilovethiscity 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

North Star Cafe to get upstairs neighbors
    Thursday, April 8, 2010
    BY MARLA MATZER ROSE
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

The North Star Cafe might get upstairs neighbors at its Short North location.

Wood Real Estate, which owns the building at 951 N. High, proposes to add one story with 10,200 square feet of offices and two stories with 12 apartments totaling 12,000 square feet atop the restaurant, according to plans filed with the city. It would also add 9,600 square feet of covered parking.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2010/04/08/north-star-cafe-to-get-upstairs-neighbors.html?sid=101

dru
    Participant

interesting – the old rendering is only 3-stories, but the article seems to describe 4 stories – one extra office, 2 extra residential – above. either way, i hope it goes through.

Pablo
    Participant

This is scheduled to begin late November – completion next fall:

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2010/11/12/solid-short-north-rental-market-spurs.html

surber17
    Participant

nice!!!!! i wonder how much Kroger finally pulling the trigger will spur other developers to do the same.

Pablo
    Participant

surber17 wrote >>
    nice!!!!! i wonder how much Kroger finally pulling the trigger will spur other developers to do the same.

According to the article, it took the developer a while to secure financing which came after some cost cutting and shoping around for a lender. The Wood Companies track record was also a factor along with signed leases for the office space. I don’t know if the Kroger was a factor…

zp945
    Participant

Please remember in your excitement for development like this to continue shopping at the restaurants and retailers on the ground floor. I think this is a great project and will only add to the Short North, but I am a little worried about what a year of construction, on top of my restaurant, will do for sales.

surber17
    Participant

no worries … your pizza is too good to keep me away, plus i love watching construction go up so that just makes me want to go more.

Pablo
    Participant

zp945 wrote >>
    Please remember in your excitement for development like this to continue shopping at the restaurants and retailers on the ground floor. I think this is a great project and will only add to the Short North, but I am a little worried about what a year of construction, on top of my restaurant, will do for sales.

Hope they place a lot of signs and try to keep views to the front doors open. It’s hard to do when pedestrian safety is concerned.

tree_sketcher
    Participant

surber17 wrote >>
    no worries … your pizza is too good to keep me away, plus i love watching construction go up so that just makes me want to go more.

+1. Onward and Upward.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Have you thought about delivery? It could help during this time.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Z Pizza already delivers.

zp945
    Participant

Pablo wrote >>

zp945 wrote >>

Hope they place a lot of signs and try to keep views to the front doors open. It’s hard to do when pedestrian safety is concerned.

The Wood Companies have always been very reasonable landlords and I’m sure they will do everything in their control to make this project the least invasive it can be. @Suber17 I’m glad you like the pizza. @Todd we do deliver but it only accounts for about 25% of our sales.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Do you advertise this? I had no idea you offered delivery. I generally think of you as a pizza by the slice place. It might help improve the 25% of your sales. I know nothing about the pizza business, but I would think that industry average is higher than 25%. I know at our house 99% of our pizza is delivered.

ehill27
    Participant

Back area of Northstar’s building is now fenced off; dumpsters on site.

anillo
    Participant

Are they adding retail to the back of it too or not? cause it looks like they could, there’s an addition in the back.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO