Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Wood Companies Short North Apartment Building - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Wood Companies Short North Apartment Building – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Has mention of this been made already?

dru
    Participant

it was in the original renderings how many ever years ago. edit – still on their site:

oh – nice – thanks for that quick response. From what I have heard and the activity I have seen – it is a go!

anillo
    Participant

where exact now? The northstar in the SN?

dru
    Participant

anillo wrote >>
    where exact now? The northstar in the SN?

yes, that whole row of retail from Northstar south to Kiaca gallery. in the image above, what is now Northstar is on the far right-hand side.

I heard about this the other day from Carol at the Jazz Arts Group – they arranged to move across the street for the project. Now would be a great time to remember what she said they had going in there, but alas it is Friday after 5pm…

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

whoa…..where exactly on the site is this? this one slipped under the radar.

Thory
    Participant

I’ve always wondered what such a process entails, with so many squat buildings in the city. Does anyone know whether most buildings can just be built up like this? I imagine a lot of contemporary buildings aren’t strong enough.

I like buildings that are taller for aesthetic reasons, and you get more use out of the building’s footprint.

When the Wood Companies initially renovated this row the structure was put in place so as to accept stories on top.

I feel that the black painted wood in the shape of a garage door just behind of Northstar may become the garage entrance for residents, etc.

It’s great news for me – being located right across the street in a gorgeous historic double-bayed window Edwardian-like storefront.

May my architects, engineers, the city and all powers that be bless my space and help me to open my doors.

This looks great.

Thory
    Participant

ilovethiscity wrote >>
    May my architects, engineers, the city and all powers that be bless my space and help me to open my doors.

Yeah, I was wondering about this. Can you give us an update?

anillo
    Participant

Columbusite wrote >>
    This looks great.

i concur.

blammo
    Participant

Wow, I wasn’t aware you could do something like that. What a great way to add density in a popular location. Will the 1st floor businesses be able to remain open during construction? It looks like a tricky procedure.

@ Thory
    This week the needed architectural and mechanical engineer’s drawings will be viewed and hopefully submitted to the city for approval right after
    I am currently working on menu development
    Things appear to be coming together nicely

cyclist II
    Participant

Talked to an employee at one of the businesses in this block. He said that the addition is going to happen, and prep work maybe? has already begun.

Behind Kaica, Jazz, PG, Zpizza, and Northstar is th whole other half of the building that is broken into various rooms and is rather dilapidated. There are dozens of (newish) gas hookups with no meters attached and that garage door looking thing facing W. 2nd Ave is just a front.

What was that building in the past? Department store?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: