Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Walking Dead on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV The Walking Dead on AMC

This topic contains 662 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  CivilE 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 661 through 663 (of 663 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Also… who the fuck let the dumb little kid continue to play Tiny Tim on repeat while the zombies were invading the house? His mom asked him once (nicely) to turn the music off because it would attract walkers. He kept it playing and no one else said or did anything about it.

I would have given him 15 seconds to turn it off, and then the record player is getting smashed.

RedStorm
    Participant

This show is getting extremely stale for me (as much as Deadheads have hyped up Negan).

Walkers are no longer a threat (see: Alexandria horde that basically only killed off 2-3 minor characters).

Much more recently, Rick’s group has just killed most of the humans they’ve come in contact with – the trade with the Hilltop being the exception. But the Saviors attack was no problem, Maggie & Carol took care of the rest on the most recent episode. I understand there will be a clash with a larger group these last few episodes, but this group just seems invincible recently. At least…all the characters you care about.

I guess there are only so many ways to go when the premise of the show is “walk around and not die.” Just think it’s getting stale & repetitive. Still interested in what happens with Negan, don’t really care about this moral struggle and “are we the good guys anymore” narrative.

CivilE
    Participant

I guess there are only so many ways to go when the premise of the show is “walk around and not die.” Just think it’s getting stale & repetitive. Still interested in what happens with Negan, don’t really care about this moral struggle and “are we the good guys anymore” narrative.

You say that you’re disinterested in the moral dilemma that is a current focus of the story line, but at the same time you claim it’s stale because the premise of the show is “walk around and not die.” I would argue that the premise of the show, and why it is so popular, is not the “walk around and not die” aspect so much as the character evolution and the drama around plot points like the current moral dilemma. The interpersonal relationships, the losses, the change from being a group of mostly victims barely coping with the apocalypse to a strong, now almost menacing, powerhouse that is surviving (and even thriving) is the real crux of the show. Carol is a compelling character only because she has changed and evolved so much. If she did not, no one would care about her. If all you’re taking away from it is how many ways you can kill a zombie, or another human, then yeah, it would be stale, but that would be true of any show that was all flash and no substance. If you aren’t interested in the substance, that isn’t the fault of the show nor is it an indication that show has declined. They happen to be putting out a superb product in both style and substance which is why it remains one of the highest rated television shows after 7 seasons.

Viewing 3 posts - 661 through 663 (of 663 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Got 5 minutes? Please take our 2019 demographic survey and tell us a bit about yourself and share your thoughts on how CU can improve!