Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Walking Dead on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV The Walking Dead on AMC

This topic contains 662 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  CivilE 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 663 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

CAAAARROOOOOLLLLL!!!!

RedStorm
    Participant

Perhaps it’s coming up, but we got almost no background story on The Wolves. They foreshadowed them last season, and then basically they all got killed off (except for 5-6) because they weren’t smart enough to plan for guns. I haven’t read the comics, but there has to be more to this, right?

jOHnH
    Participant

So many questions….

What was the “A” on the porch? What was in the bag Morgan was carrying out at the end of the episode? Is Carl’s love interest giving the Wolves intel? As previously mention what is the Wolves’ story? And I almost forgot JSS? So far the first 2 episodes have my attention, hopefully it stays that way.

Also, just read about the web series that is coming out. Squeezing every last cent out of this franchise while it last.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I haven’t read the comics, but there has to be more to this, right?

The Wolves (Scavengers) are a pretty minor group in the comics, with their biggest accomplishment attracting a massive zombie horde to Alexandria…which is what was happening on the show last time we saw Rick & Co. herding and the horn went off.

There is a much bigger baddie to come, possibly this season.

CivilE
    Participant

What was the “A” on the porch?

Sam (the kid that Carol likes to torment) is responsible for the “A’s”. He has one on the cap of the bottle he is holding as he sits on the steps. Also, last season he gave Rick an “A” hand stamp at the welcoming party. It stands for “Alexandria”. I think it is just an artistic device to compare and contrast the Alexandrians and the Wolves (and perhaps even Enid) who all use symbolic letter marking to indicate their allegiance (in Enid’s case JSS indicates her allegiance to herself).

As far as the bag goes…I couldn’t figure that one out either. Perhaps next week it will be revealed.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… Glenn… dead or alive?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

So… Glenn… dead or alive?

He’s alive, they ate the dude on top of him, he probably got covered in goo and they ignored him.

jOHnH
    Participant

I’m with Coremodels. Said the right as the scene was happening.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The way they shot the feasting portion looks really ambiguous as to who was getting eaten. Though I thought that the idea was that the smell of the rotten zombie guts is what masked the human scent. Fresh blood from a human wouldn’t have the same effect, no?

Anyway, the fact that Nicholas shot himself in the head would take care of his brain, and he won’t turn. So Glenn could completely pass out and wake up under him, protected.

Not yet time for Glenn to die. ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… is Glenn dead or alive? My guess is still alive due to how much time they’re spending dragging it all out without confirming it.

Pretty slow episode this week. Morgan’s backstory was interesting, but didn’t really advance the main plot at all.

Kinda losing faith in this show again, although the preview for next week looks pretty action packed with Sasha, Abraham & Daryl…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jOHnH
    Participant

That episode was lame, I have said it before, but that was it for me. Their model of just stringing the audience along has grown old. Just a lame season or Mid season, whatever they call it. Need to find a thread on suggestions for a new series to get in to.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

That episode was lame, I have said it before, but that was it for me. Their model of just stringing the audience along has grown old. Just a lame season or Mid season, whatever they call it. Need to find a thread on suggestions for a new series to get in to.

Yeah, I have to agree. They spent 8 episodes just tearing Alexandria apart through a series of plans gone wrong. There were a couple of good scenes along the way, but most of it seemed like a really drawn out way just to move everything along to the next set piece.

The show had too many characters this season, so their screen time was all stretched pretty thin, outside of Rick, who was annoyingly prominent all of the time. Most of the major characters got one episode to stand out a bit, which wasn’t enough to be exciting, and none of the Alexandrians outside of Deanna got enough screentime to make the audience remember their names, let alone care about them. And out of the dozens upon dozens of Alexandrians, it looks like the only ones who are surviving are Jessie and her two awful children, Dr. Denise (who I doubt we’ve seen the last of), and possibly Aaron (who we didn’t see in the mid-finale, but I’m guessing is still alive).

Once again, I’m finding it really hard to root for this group of people, mainly because they continue to worship Rick as their leader. He’s turned into this character who teeters between crazypants and asshole. He doesn’t seem to really care about anyone but himself, he overrides everyone else’s opinions and ideas, and his own ideas (especially this season) are constantly not working, to disastrous consequences. He doesn’t seem to be able to make any connection to the fact that his ideas are what are getting people killed, and neither does anyone else. The group would be much stronger with someone like Michonne or Daryl as the leader, but Rick is so far gone at this point, that he’d never allow it to happen.

I’m ready for Rick to be gone.

I think I’m done watching (again) too. I know everyone is super excited about the arrival of Negan, but everyone was the same way about the Governor, and he turned out to be a dud. I like the casting of Negan, but the only think I can glean about his character from the comic panels is that he’s a hyper violent megalomaniac. Which I guess makes for a good villain, but I’m not really feeling too thrilled about where the show is headed.

Looking forward to Telltale’s Walking Dead Season 3 instead.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 663 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: