Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Walking Dead on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV The Walking Dead on AMC

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 663 total)
  • Author

jOHnH
    Participant

This was a make or break season for me, after putting up with season 3 and 4 and so far, it has been great. Did anyone notice the guy standing on the roof when Beth and the Doctor were outside? I think it was Darryl, but I’m excited again for each episode. They need to keep this action packed pace up for the entire season. The one thing I am afraid will happen is one week an episode will follow the crew headed to Washington, then the week after that it will be back to Rick and company.

metrobabylon
    Participant

The Bad: Atlanta? Fucking really? The show started off in Atlanta. Has this group of survivors really spent an entire year (in their timeline) circling the city on I-285? Hershel’s Farm, Woodbury, The Prison, Terminus… it’s all suburban Atlanta?

the majority of the last few seasons were filmed in Senoia, GA, about an hour or so outside of Atlanta. the way i understand it, up until the DC angle they’ve never been trying to make it out of Georgia, just trying to survive, which could be relatively easier in a rural environment than an urban one. more than likely they would have stayed at the prison indefinitely had there not been any conflict with an outside antagonist written into the story…and how boring would that have been?

Walking Dead Locations – Woodbury, The Prison and Hershel’s Farm

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Did anyone notice the guy standing on the roof when Beth and the Doctor were outside?

I did, and assumed it was one of the hospital’s many many cops out on guard duty.

kit444
    Participant

The Bad: Atlanta? Fucking really? The show started off in Atlanta. Has this group of survivors really spent an entire year (in their timeline) circling the city on I-285? Hershel’s Farm, Woodbury, The Prison, Terminus… it’s all suburban Atlanta? I thought they would have made it outside of the state of Georgia by this point. Oy vey.

If only they had a light rail system so they could travel easier… ;-)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

If only they had a light rail system so they could travel easier… ;-)

Hey. Train travel worked out ok for Lee & Clem!

RedStorm
    Participant

This was a make or break season for me, after putting up with season 3 and 4 and so far, it has been great. Did anyone notice the guy standing on the roof when Beth and the Doctor were outside? I think it was Darryl, but I’m excited again for each episode. They need to keep this action packed pace up for the entire season. The one thing I am afraid will happen is one week an episode will follow the crew headed to Washington, then the week after that it will be back to Rick and company.

Yeah, it just looked like one of their cops.

That appears to be the path they’re going down. This week was Beth/hospital. Next week it’s going to be all about the D.C. crew. Then they’ll eventually show who was with Daryl in the woods. Going to be so splintered.

Also…was that Carol on the stretcher at the end?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Great episode! No major complaints from me on this one.

Glad the show has finally gotten to this point.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

agreed. Just watched the last two episodes and thought both were great.

jOHnH
    Participant

I’m excited for next weeks episode, looks to be action packed. It feels about time for a significant character to be lost, possible Carol? Her dialogue with Daryl last episode was interesting, a lot about death, the struggles with what she has become and things she has done, and just how the episode told the complete story of Carol. The only part left to tell is the end.

Side question, which character would you like to see end up as zombie chow? Mine was Carl, but this season it has been Tyrese. Always wining and sobbing, possibly the biggest guy left in the world and he is always so emotional. Drives me crazy!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m excited for next weeks episode, looks to be action packed. It feels about time for a significant character to be lost, possible Carol? Her dialogue with Daryl last episode was interesting, a lot about death, the struggles with what she has become and things she has done, and just how the episode told the complete story of Carol. The only part left to tell is the end.

Heh. That is very often the case. Spend a lot of time “featuring” a specific character since they’re getting offed. I could see that happening here, but I also think Carol has turned into one of the more interesting characters recently and think that there’s still more to her story if they decide to keep her around.

Side question, which character would you like to see end up as zombie chow? Mine was Carl, but this season it has been Tyrese. Always wining and sobbing, possibly the biggest guy left in the world and he is always so emotional. Drives me crazy!

Honestly, I could do without Rick. He’s always been a half step below interesting, and I’ve never cared much for his waffling between taking a leadership role and taking a self-imposed back seat in the group. He doesn’t seem to have much of a clear vision with what he’s doing with his group. The mission to DC seems much more interesting than staying put at the church.

It looks like the season is headed into another “extraction” mission, which will probably be exciting, but also a little tired at this point. They snuck into Woodbury to extract people. Then Carol did it at Terminus. And now the hospital. There’s probably other situations I’m forgetting at the moment. Let’s do something different, guys…

RedStorm
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jOHnH wrote:</div>

Heh. That is very often the case. Spend a lot of time “featuring” a specific character since they’re getting offed. I could see that happening here, but I also think Carol has turned into one of the more interesting characters recently and think that there’s still more to her story if they decide to keep her around.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jOHnH wrote:</div>

Honestly, I could do without Rick. He’s always been a half step below interesting, and I’ve never cared much for his waffling between taking a leadership role and taking a self-imposed back seat in the group. He doesn’t seem to have much of a clear vision with what he’s doing with his group. The mission to DC seems much more interesting than staying put at the church.

It looks like the season is headed into another “extraction” mission, which will probably be exciting, but also a little tired at this point. They snuck into Woodbury to extract people. Then Carol did it at Terminus. And now the hospital. There’s probably other situations I’m forgetting at the moment. Let’s do something different, guys…

Agreed, but only so much you can do in a “Zombie Apocalypse” to keep it interesting. I thought a couple of episodes Carol “let” herself get taken into GMH but as we saw, that wasn’t the case.

Will be interesting to see what Eugene’s group does – go back to the church or keep marching on to DC anyway. We know the timelines haven’t been exact, and next week we’ll see Daryl pop out with Noah (perhaps with Morgan as well?). They’ll rendezvous back to Atlanta, but will Eugene’s group be there to join them? Don’t know.

Either way, once the “extraction” is done, they’ll need to set up some cliffhanger in a couple weeks to build suspense for the winter break. The whole “get to DC” was setting up to be so promising, to give the show a point beyond “let’s just survive.”

*I say all this not having read the graphic novels.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The whole “get to DC” was setting up to be so promising, to give the show a point beyond “let’s just survive.”

+1

Finding out more about the bigger picture of the apocalypse is a much more interesting direction to head.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Awww… that sucks.

GeeDee
    Participant

I am continually amazed at the ability of the female characters to keep their eyebrows neatly groomed & the rest of their bodies otherwise hair-free during the Zombie Apocalypse.

Beth looked like a model last night, except for the two scars that looked like they were purchased for cheap at the Halloween store at the local mall.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I am continually amazed at the ability of the female characters to keep their eyebrows neatly groomed & the rest of their bodies otherwise hair-free during the Zombie Apocalypse.

Beth looked like a model last night, except for the two scars that looked like they were purchased for cheap at the Halloween store at the local mall.

Heh. This was always one of the big nitpicks with LOST too. Granted, time moved slower on that show (they were only on the Island for 3 months). But only certain male characters grew beards, others stayed pretty clean shaven, and everyone always had pristine makeup. Especially Richard and his mascara.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 663 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!