Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Walking Dead on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV The Walking Dead on AMC

This topic contains 662 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  CivilE 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 663 total)
  • Author

Rockmastermike
    Participant

bastardsuperstar wrote >> …somestuff…

your avatar pic cracks me up. love it.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    Well, we just got a second season at least. AMC renewed it already.

Saw that as well. Looks like the ratings are up there.

Been having fun nitpicking the first two episodes.

b.miller
    Participant

I guess I am in the minority here, but after watching the first two episodes I just feel let down. In my opinion, the writing has been weak and most of the (over)acting is just plain awful. Some really cheesy moments. The perfectly constructed group of survivors that just so happens to include every minority/demographic.

Maybe it’s my fault for holding this up against Mad Men and Breaking Bad, but I just expected something way more edgy and clever from AMC.

That said I’m gonna give it one more week, because I really do want to like this show.

Chance

I like the series so far but I must admit I like about anything zombie…

rus
    rus
    Participant

Chance wrote >>
    I like the series so far but I must admit I like about anything zombie…

With ya there.

honavery

This “season” is only 6 episodes. The recently announced 2nd season will be 12 episodes.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

I enjoy the series and will continue watching it.

That being said I desperately hope the writing improves. Right now it feels like they’re writing “situations” instead of “characters.” The racist angle could have been interesting but they made the guy so stereotypical and unsympathetic that it came off as completely unbelievable. He almost killed a guy, pissed off the entire group, got handcuffed to a pole, zombies are everywhere and he obnoxiously calls a woman “sugar tits”? Wow, I don’t think even Mel Gibson has those kind of balls.

NikosFyodor
    Participant

Yeah, but what was he snorting? Meth? Coke? Both of them make people say some stupid crap, and act in a boorish manner.

Digging the show so far, but I’m not exactly a horror connoisseur (despite my day job of making zombies, dead bodies, and monsters). But my boss likes it and he really is an expert. Yet not a nerd. Go figure.

For my part I wonder about the whole “virus” aspect that they keep trying to throw into zombie movies. It worked in 28 Days Later, because the “zombies” really did show symptoms of a rabies-like disease. And towards the end of the movie they showed the infected dying off, which also was believable because they weren’t capable of eating or drinking water in any real sense.

I have trouble buying these other “living dead” zombies that are not supernatural in origin. “Head shots only” would not be a rule with diseased “zombies”; like PCP freaks it might take a bit to stop them, but anything that would make a normal human die (or any other organism for that matter)would kill a viral “zed” word. That being said they still scare the shit out of me.

rus
    rus
    Participant

NikosFyodor wrote >>
    (despite my day job of making zombies, dead bodies, and monsters)

Dude. Cool job!

Yeah, these are closer to romero shamblers than 28DL ragers… still fun.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Thanks wd!! I had some kick ass dreams last night!!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I keep falling asleep for the last half of this, after Boardwalk Empire I’m tuckered out. lol.

cc

I just had a chance to watch the first 3 episodes. It seemed very predictable, not something I found in Breaking Bad…

Jim Lauwers
    Participant
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Caught all current last night on this show.

While mediocre overall, still better than most tv.

rus
    rus
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 663 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.