Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Walking Dead on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV The Walking Dead on AMC

This topic contains 662 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  CivilE 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 663 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Starts on Halloween.

Anyone planning on watching?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

JimSweeney
    Participant

another reason tro avoid Atlanta!

Hells yeah.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Really looking forward to this.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bastardsuperstar wrote >>
    probably everyone here . . .
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/zombies-amc-all-kinds-of-win
    and me.

Dammit. This is why Coremodels isn’t allowed to name topics. I searched for “Walking Dead” since I *thought* I already saw it discussed here, but it didn’t turn up his “Zombies + AMC” thread.

GGGGRRRRR……

Halloween Night premiere=awesome.

ETA: Just realized this is a Sunday. Wow…Rubicon, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and now this. Add Dexter, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire and Bored to Death to the mix, can’t we spread out the good TV a little???

Yeti22
    Participant

World War Z (book, then movie), somehow lead me to this trailer a while ago. I hope they are both great.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’m getting so excited for this – great previews on during last nights Mad Men finale.

I’m going to start watching the pilot in just over 4 minutes…suckers!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    I’m going to start watching the pilot in just over 4 minutes…suckers!

So for the rest of us, who’s liking it so far?

TaraK
    Participant

Totally dug it.

Talcott

I’m pretty sure I’m going to be alone in this, but it didn’t do much for me.

Maybe it was just the pilot. I haven’t read the comics (though I’ve been meaning to) so I don’t know if it is going somewhere more interesting with the material, but I just felt like it was going down the zombie/apocalypse checklist.

[x] Creepy little girl zombie.
    [x] Protagonist as confused audience surrogate.
    [x] Friendly father and son to take in protagonist.
    [x] Zombified loved one.
    [x] Tears over having to kill zombified loved one.

Meanwhile, I felt like a lot of the dialogue was a bit too similar to The Stand.

I really wanted to like this, and will probably give the next episode a shot, quite a few of my favorite shows have had lackluster pilots, but I guess I was expecting something more or new. This just felt very by-the-book.

Then again, I’m the guy who couldn’t get into Mad Men. Maybe I’m just missing the AMC gene.
    This must be how people who don’t like Joss Whedon shows feel ;-)

I will say that the show was beautiful to look at.

rus
    rus
    Participant

TaraK wrote >>
    Totally dug it.

Same here.

Talcot, I kinda understand where you’re coming from… although the similarity to The Stand I don’t really see.

Yes, some of the “checklist” items were present, but there’s some nice touches. The main character going back to finish off that crawler, for instance, out of pity.

That, and that my personal favorite trope hasn’t shown up yet, will keep me watching.

Mind you I haven’t seen the comics ( other than to know they exist ) so perhaps that gives us different perspectives.

chaptal
    Participant

Thought the camerwork and direction were excellent. Have not read the comic. I’ll be watching again next week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 663 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.