Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Vacant/Abandoned Buildings in Columbus - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Vacant/Abandoned Buildings in Columbus – News & Updates

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

They fix one thing a month lol. We’ll have humans on Mars before tenants in that building :o

News
    Participant

Land Banks Announce 1,294 Central Ohio Demolitions
    January 17, 2015
    by The Associated Press

Land banks in central Ohio say more than 1,200 blighted housing units were demolished last year at a cost of $10.2 million. The demolitions, paid for by Columbus, Franklin County and a grant from the state attorney general’s office, are up considerably from the 527 units demolished in 2013.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2015/01/17/land-banks-announce-1294-central-ohio-demolitions/

heresthecasey
    Participant

I’d like to know in comparison how many properties were sold to be rehabbed. Demolition should only be used as a last resort IMO.

jbcmh81
    Participant

I’d like to know in comparison how many properties were sold to be rehabbed. Demolition should only be used as a last resort IMO.

Yeah, I’d love to know that as well. I look at renovation projects for wrecked buildings like the one coming up at the corner of Oak, or the warehouses in Franklinton, and I have to wonder just how many of these buildings were truly beyond saving.

I also wonder how feasible it would be to require that any demolition like this have some kind of private/public replacement plan in place before it happens. I would imagine that would slow demolitions down considerably, but would also probably save a lot of buildings that would otherwise just be turned into empty lots for years on end.

uga4game
    Participant

ITs great news for us.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE