Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Tavern in Olde Towne East

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Tavern in Olde Towne East

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Tavern Coming Soon to Olde Towne East

By: Walker

The corner of Oak & 18th Streets has quickly become an Olde Towne East hotspot in the past three years. First came Yellow Brick Pizza, which was followed by The Angry Baker. On May 1st, The Tavern will be joining them when it opens its doors at 889 Oak Street.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-tavern-coming-soon-to-olde-towne-east

FoodFort
    Participant

YAY!!!!!!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Now if only those multi-unit residential buildings located just west of these three restaurants could get fixed up! ;)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

LIKE!

christylwilliams
    Participant

AHHHHHH! SUPER LIKE! I’m so excited.

groundrules
    Participant

Hey, i know those people! weird. but cool.

people211

I’m moving to OTE in late April. On Fair Ave near near Wilson. Nice to see businesses opening within the neighborhood as opposed to along one strip.

mrpoppinzs

awesome

ZHC

Man Oak Street has really built up a surprising amount of momentum. 5 years that would not have been the street I would have guessed would have seen resurgence of OTE.

It’s nice to see and I hope it spreads!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ZHC said:
    Man Oak Street has really built up a surprising amount of momentum. 5 years that would not have been the street I would have guessed would have seen resurgence of OTE.

I think it’s testimonial to the affordability for small business owners to be able to open in existing structures, even if they require major renovations. I’m bummed that Long Street has seen so many demolitions not only because we’ve lost historic architecture, but because it’s going to be that much more difficult to fill new higher rent spaces with independent and unique businesses like the ones on Oak Street.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I am very pleased to see this pickup in business on Oak Street since we live on Oak Street not too far away. We were some of Yellow Brick’s first customers. I would really love to see someone redevelop the commercial property at the northwest corner of Oak and Ohio. Sadly, the owner is holding out for an unrealistic amount of money. But, if business in the area really picks up, his asking price may not be so unreasonable in the near future.

I gotta tell you, it is great being biking/walking distance from work. If only we had a decent grocery in walking distance things would be even better.

News
    Participant

THE TAVERN CELEBRATES LONG-AWAITED OPENING
    Restaurants — 08 June 2012

For months, anticipation has been building as the owners of The Tavern at 889 Oak Street navigated the intricate process of opening a bar and restaurant.

For their first two days, The Tavern held a soft opening, serving food and drinks to dozens of hungry friends and family. On Friday, they finally opened for the general public, and both neighborhood residents and visitors alike say that the wait was worth it.

READ MORE: http://www.oldetowneeast.org/the-tavern-celebrates-long-awaited-opening/

placebohigh
    Participant

Checked it out. Really great addition to the neighborhood. Oak St is fast becoming a destination for cool little restaurants. Right next to The Angry Baker. Inside looks amazing. Patio is huuuge. Every table was packed last night. Food was great (sandwiches, salads, appetizers like chicken wings and pretzel bites) and a large selection of draft beers (Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Lake Erie Monster, etc). Surprised they’re open 7 days a week til the wee hours of the morning with a full kitchen.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The menu! (click to enlarge)

News
    Participant

New bar: The Tavern
    Wednesday June 13, 2012 7:30 PM
    By Jesse Tigges

The Tavern in Olde Towne East is like the “Blackwater” episode of “Game of Thrones.” The long-awaited, much-anticipated new watering hole next to The Angry Baker has finally opened, and it lives up to the hype. In case you haven’t watched/read any of the “Game of Thrones” series and don’t get the “Blackwater” reference, I’ll put it simply for you: The Tavern is freaking cool! With dark (almost black) wood decor, wood floors, a stellar beer selection and a menu that presents a number of hard decisions, The Tavern is the finest new hangout to open in our fair city in a while.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2012/06/14/new-bar-the-tavern.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: