Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The ridiculous Dispatch headline thread

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat The ridiculous Dispatch headline thread

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 151 total)
  • Author

Graybeak
    Participant

So, I haven’t been over on the Dispatch as much, but it is nice to see other local news outlets stepping up.
    Channel 4 reports:
    Vacant House Fire ‘Sparks’ investigation[/url]

Graybeak
    Participant

sirlancelot
    Participant

The Columbus Dispatch laid off some good journalists, and out-sourced graphics/layout jobs overseas some years back. If one compares their current news coverage versus 25 years ago, the newspaper now seems irrelevent. I realise it is a business and needs to be profitable, but the Dispatch makes me sad.

Graybeak
    Participant

The Dispatch makes many, many people sad. But possibly not for the same reasons as you are mentioning.

Bloom County used to always make fun about papers shrinking the comics.
    Now they shrink the whole darn paper.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

You have to keep things in context. Print media took a huge hit from the web. Daily newspapers folded all over the country. To still have a paper of the caliber of the Dispatch, even if it doesn’t match the glory days, isn’t something to take lightly. I’ve had plenty of visitors from out of town tell me they miss having a paper like the Dispatch.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Indeed, at least our paper doesn’t hate its own city like Cincinnati’s does.

Graybeak
    Participant

Prosecutor wants
    rival to drop panties
    story
    (Formated to match what shows up as headline on front page in different locations)

Hocking County Prosecutor Laina Fetherholf will not discuss the exact whereabouts of her panties.
    But they most certainly were not on the judge’s bench.
    Yes, she concedes there was a “wardrobe malfunction” in which she retreated from the courtroom and resolved the unspecified problem.
    Whole Story.

Teaser on the front page says:
    In its first-ever complaint involving a politician’s underwear, the Ohio Elections Commission was asked today by Laina Fetherolf to get to the bottom of the case of the prosecutor’s panties.

ricospaz
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    Prosecutor wants
    rival to drop panties
    story
    (Formated to match what shows up as headline on front page in different locations)

Hocking County Prosecutor Laina Fetherholf will not discuss the exact whereabouts of her panties.
    But they most certainly were not on the judge’s bench.
    Yes, she concedes there was a “wardrobe malfunction” in which she retreated from the courtroom and resolved the unspecified problem.
    Whole Story.

Teaser on the front page says:
    In its first-ever complaint involving a politician’s underwear, the Ohio Elections Commission was asked today by Laina Fetherolf to get to the bottom of the case of the prosecutor’s panties.

Saw this.. does it really qualify as news? lots of innuendos.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Graybeak said:
    Prosecutor wants
    rival to drop panties
    story

Heh. In my RSS reader on my phone this morning it showed up as:

Prosecutor wants rival to drop panties
    story

;)

Twixlen
    Participant

Is it really appropriate to use the word “panties” in a news story? How about underwear. “Panties” seems overly lascivious to me.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Is it really appropriate to use the word “panties” in a news story? How about underwear. “Panties” seems overly lascivious to me.

don’t get you panties in a bunch.

RoJoNo
    Participant

Twixlen
    Participant

Snarf said:
    don’t get you panties in a bunch.

See? If you’re using it, it’s for sure more pervy.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    See? If you’re using it, it’s for sure more pervy.

I’m more of a loincloth kinda guy.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Nunnally files partly cloudy suit vs. Ganahl[/i]

A legal storm is brewing between two weathermen at WCMH-TV (Channel 4). Bob Nunnally has filed a libel lawsuit against fellow forecaster Jym Ganahl in Franklin County Common Pleas Court…

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/11/14/nunnally-files-partly-cloudy-suit-vs–ganahl.html

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 151 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION