Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The "original" Betty's Bar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The “original” Betty’s Bar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dsigner
    Participant

I happened across Betty’s Bar across from Buggy Works this afternoon and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it (no, not Lessner’s Betty’s on High Street). It seemed like it was still in business but the most I could find online were a couple reviews on Citysearch that were a little outdated. Does anyone know anything about this place?

Tigertree

I heard that it closed. It would be nice to find out that was a rumor, that place was amazing.

MFRONE
    Participant

As far as I know it’s still open

jeffz

Definitely still open. Stopped in for a drink after the Clippers game on Tuesday night. Definite dive bar, no draft beer, but a patio out back.

Patch
    Participant

I remember hearing a rumor about this place, and maybe you can dispel it for me.

is it true the waitstaff wears a bathing suit?

any idea what hours they’re open?

News
    Participant

Bar profile: Betty’s Bar
    Wednesday April 11, 2012 8:30 PM
    By Jesse Tigges

I don’t know how many of you know this, but there’s a Betty’s Bar that’s not part of the family of Liz Lessner restaurants. Tucked behind Huntington Park is a humble bar that probably gets patrons of the skinny jean, black-rimmed glasses variety only if a band of the Animal Collective ilk hits the stage at the LC. And maybe not even then.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2012/04/12/bar-profile-bettys-bar.html

carissadiane

We went Friday night at 11pm and it was closed. But there is a great view of downtown from the back patio.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

carissadiane said:
    There is a great view of downtown from the back patio.

Probably not for too much longer. I think the new FBI building is going to block some/most of that view…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE