Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Only Way to Give Columbus a True Identity

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Only Way to Give Columbus a True Identity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 347 total)
  • Author

Rockmastermike
    Participant

prettywhipsmart said:
    Let’s not forget this all comes from the person who claims to be new in town.

Seriously, watching people (people who really should know better) actually respond to this kind of ham-handed sock-puppetry is embarrassing.

this

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Chris Sherman said: well you can go fuck yourself with that.

+1

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Sing it Sherman, sing it!

geoyui
    Participant

To Gil Ligg, have you reached out to any of the community leaders/art orgs and offered to lead/volunteer to help make Columbus a better place for the creative class?

Gil Ligg

Wow Chris Sherman, you are a stand-up person. You don’t know me and you have absolutely no clue who I am. Not even close. My questions are legitimate. I’m sorry they offended you. The last question was inspired after looking at a studio at 400 Rich. The girl that gives tours said that they were working on making it more of a “community” b/c right now it’s not a real community, rather just a small number of tenants that have their own clique and the rest just do their own thing.

I am new in town. It’s not hard to figure out what’s going on and who’s who. It’s called the Internet and it’s really easy to do basic journalism in a city like this.

I don’t mind if you people attack my ideas or my work, but attacking me personally is not necessary.

Cookie

Gil Ligg said:
    Wow Chris Sherman, you are a stand-up person.

He really is.

[quote]You don’t know me and you have absolutely no clue who I am. Not even close.

I am new in town. It’s not hard to figure out what’s going on and who’s who. It’s called the Internet and it’s really easy to do basic journalism in a city like this.[/quote]

Give it a rest.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Come on, he’s “just asking questions”. He merely “wants to know”.

Coy
    Participant

You can dis hipsters all you want in this town, but once you step over the line and disrespect hillbillies, you done fucked up.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    My questions are legitimate.

I think when you have to self-legitimize you don’t come off as being very legitimate.

I know this because while my opinions can change, I’m never wrong.

Graybeak
    Participant

[img]http://blogs.opentext.com/portal/site/blogs/template.BINARYPORTLET/vca/resource.process/?javax.portlet.tpst=a9c428f31b01d856871e1010a970d0a0&javax.portlet.rid_a9c428f31b01d856871e1010a970d0a0=binary-1.9.3868-domain%3Ddefault_domain%2Cuserdomain%3Dnull&javax.portlet.rcl_a9c428f31b01d856871e1010a970d0a0=cacheLevelFull[/img]

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    Wow Chris Sherman, you are a stand-up person. You don’t know me and you have absolutely no clue who I am. Not even close. My questions are legitimate. I’m sorry they offended you. The last question was inspired after looking at a studio at 400 Rich. The girl that gives tours said that they were working on making it more of a “community” b/c right now it’s not a real community, rather just a small number of tenants that have their own clique and the rest just do their own thing.

I am new in town. It’s not hard to figure out what’s going on and who’s who. It’s called the Internet and it’s really easy to do basic journalism in a city like this.

I don’t mind if you people attack my ideas or my work, but attacking me personally is not necessary.

Your questions are incorrect and considered false statements. You refuse to post your website and show your work for us on cu. Again, it’s obvious what’s going on here. Pick another screen name and try again.

Gil Ligg

Umm, pick another screenname? Well, my name is Gil and Ligg is shortened from my last name, don’t know what to tell ya. Out of curiosity, who do you think I am? I don’t like being confused with other people.

How are my questions incorrect? So 400 Rich isn’t funded by a wealthy Californian? If the city is so supportive, then why aren’t there any signs of that support?

p.s. Sorry for offending any hillbillies on here. My family is from Appalachia, so it gives me the right to make fun of hillbillies.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

While I neither agreed with nor appreciated Mr. Ligg’s initial posts, I’m not sure what is to be gained by endlessly questioning his identity. None of us is exactly the person in real life we are online, even those of us wearing our real names and faces here.

Regardless whether “Gil Ligg” exists in life as he presents himself here, I think we represent ourselves better as a city and as a message board community by taking him and his identity at face value, and addressing the more legitimate among his questions and concerns (and/or debunking the less legitimate ones on their own merits, not his).

It’s worth recalling that none of this is actually private conversation. Like appearing on TV, it all plays out in front of a large audience.

MRipley
    Participant

ChrisSunami said:
    While I neither agreed with nor appreciated Mr. Ligg’s initial posts, I’m not sure what is to be gained by endlessly questioning his identity. None of us is exactly the person in real life we are online, even those of us wearing our real names and faces here.

Regardless whether “Gil Ligg” exists in life as he presents himself here, I think we represent ourselves better as a city and as a message board community by taking him and his identity at face value, and addressing the more legitimate among his questions and concerns (and/or debunking the less legitimate ones on their own merits, not his).

It’s worth recalling that none of this is actually private conversation. Like appearing on TV, it all plays out in front of a large audience.

You make excellent points, but c’mon, you’re ignoring the fact that it’s bad ass cool to use the fuck word in online forum posts.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Gill

I think your a troll who has nothing better to do but ask shitty leading questions and make statements based on a lack of knowledge and ignorance. There are at least 3 incredibly jaded individuals in this town who make it their life work to discredit, slander and trash anyone and anything that involves the creative community. Based on the langauge and subject matter you have cited throughout this thread it leads me and many others to believe that you must be one of the three… For the sake of “professionalism” (and trust me it can go out the window real quick) I will not be naming names.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 347 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.