Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Ohio Taproom

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Ohio Taproom

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

The Ohio Tap Room Set to Open

Published on February 16, 2013 8:00 am

By: Ayana Wilson

For those really into craft beers or Ohio-produced goods, the Ohio Tap Room brings together the two in a novel new venture: a retail store that sells only Ohio made brews including beer, mead, and soda.

Brainchild of John and Stephanie Evans, the Ohio Tap Room is a way to celebrate the great products that have been coming out of Ohio in recent years, and even though it will primarily showcase beer, it also plans to offer other Ohio products that perfectly accompany our favorite hop-based libation, like pretzels and nuts.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-ohio-tap-room-set-to-open-in-april-aw1

News
    Participant

Ohio Taproom now pouring Ohio-brewed beer in Grandview
    Written by Cheryl Harrison on May 29, 2013

Grandview has a new hub for fresh, local beer – The Ohio Taproom opened its doors Saturday, offering twenty beers on tap, all of which are from Ohio.

The rotating selection of Ohio-brewed beers are available in 64 or 32 oz growlers, with small samples of any beer available upon request. The Taproom uses a special growler filler system called CrafTaps designed to reduce wasted beer and speed up filling time.

READ MORE: http://drinkupcolumbus.com/2013/05/29/the-ohio-taproom/

Rockmastermike
    Participant

The craftaps are really cool. It was the first I had seen them and I was pretty impressed with the design. Gently fills the growler while producing very little foam. They can control the fill rate very precisely and get a clean fill every time.

News
    Participant

Grandview growler station Ohio Taproom focuses on in-state brews
    By Jesse Tigges
    From the June 13, 2013 edition

Growler stations have popped up all over the city, becoming a ubiquitous part of the craft beer scene. The addition of The Ohio Taproom could be construed as just another growler option, but a couple unique aspects separate it from the pack.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2013/06/13/grandview-growler-station-ohio-taproom-focuses-on-in-state-brews.html

AmyD
    Participant

Off topic but I thought that said “Ohio Tampon”
    Carry on

groundrules
    Participant

Anyone know if you have to buy growlers from them, or will they fill whatever you bring?

futureman
    Participant

I thought I overheard them saying you can bring your own, as long it is the 32oz or 64oz size.

ricospaz
    Participant

AmyD said:
    Carry on

Ouch 32 or 64 oz sizes

kit444
    Participant

ricospaz said:

AmyD said:
    Carry on

Ouch 32 or 64 oz sizes

The Venti size?

futureman
    Participant

Isn’t 64oz the standard growler size?

derm
    derm
    Participant

groundrules said:
    Anyone know if you have to buy growlers from them, or will they fill whatever you bring?

groundrules said:

Bring your own if you want, preferably clean. We dont have a dishwasher, but do have a power rinser. If you dont have one, we have growlers too. Feel free to chime in on this thread if their are Ohio beers that you like and I will see if I can get them added to the purchase list. Dont forget Digfest is coming up.

kit444
    Participant

derm said:
    Bring your own if you want, preferably clean. We dont have a dishwasher, but do have a power rinser. If you dont have one, we have growlers too. Feel free to chime in on this thread if their are Ohio beers that you like and I will see if I can get them added to the purchase list. Dont forget Digfest is coming up.

How much are the growlers if you don’t have your own?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER