Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

North Market - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion North Market – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

North Market Names Rick Harrison Wolfe as New Executive Director

Published on May 1, 2013 10:15 am

By: Walker

The North Market Development Authority announced today that Rick Harrison Wolfe has been selected as the new Executive Director of the market. Wolfe is replacing former director David Wible who retired in January after 12 years in the position.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/north-market-names-rick-harrison-wolfe-as-new-executive-director

News
    Participant

North Market to Undergo Major Renovations This Fall
    Published on July 4, 2013 6:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

The North Market, Columbus’ first and most authentic farmer’s market, is launching a renovation project that will surely make this local landmark the premier destination in Ohio for meals, the freshest of local produce, and socialization.

This will mean relocation for some of the businesses housed in the North Market, as the focus will be on cohesion, and making sure that not only is everyone comfortable in their new home, but that for the customer, the experience will be smoother as well.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/north-market-to-undergo-major-renovations-this-fall-aw1

News
    Participant

Long-Term Vision for North Market Proposes Parking Deck Structure
    Published on July 4, 2013 6:00 am
    By: Brent Warren

In addition to sharing details about the many changes and updates planned for the next few months, Executive Director Rick Harrison Wolfe also spoke with Columbus Underground about his long-term vision for the North Market. It’s a vision that does not lack for ambition.

Any future expansion of the market would likely involve a conversion of the current surface parking lot to a multi-level structure. One concept that the market had developed previously – and that they are currently revisiting – called for a new wing of the market that would connect to the existing building and extend to the east along Spruce Street.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/long-term-vision-for-north-market-proposes-parking-deck-structure-bw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via FB:

Kitchen Little will undergo major renovations and installment of an exhaust hood, new electrical and gas service over the next month. Needless to say we will not be serving prepared items beginning July 12th until such renovations are completed around Labor Day. Patrons may still purchase quality local meat and poultry from Kitchen Little’s Parent Shop, North Market Poultry trough out the period.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Once at the Andersens by Sawmill, a clerk told me they’re not allowed to cut wood or anything else with a saw, because there’s open food in the store and it could get sawdust.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

These are all much-needed improvements to the Market. Having once worked there for many years I can testify that I would have to throw away clothes because I couldn’t wash out the “Market smell”! So the new ventilation will probably ameliorate that problem. Glad to see parking improvements and a possible expansion. The Market continues to evolve as one of Columbus’ premier destinations, and when I stopped in a few days ago I was pleased to see many familiar faces.

Now I want a rosewater lassi from Taste of India and some Nida’s sushi!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice crowds at the Wine Festival today! ;)

News
    Participant

More Marketing Coming Soon to the North Market
    Published on July 25, 2013 2:45 pm
    By: Walker

The North Market announced yesterday a new partnership with local advertising agency Civitas Now, who is developing a new platform for expanding the visibility of brands at the historic public marketplace. Civitas Now specializes in outdoor, alternative and guerilla marketing, and plans to implement new eye-catching placements throughout the North Market in the coming months.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/more-marketing-coming-soon-to-the-north-market

Graybeak
    Participant

Oh Goody! I loves me even more advertising!
    Especially in a historic public marketplace.

susank

Alternative advertising placements throughout the North Market site may include trash cans, shopping baskets, picnic table tops, light pole signage, elevator wraps and parking stripe overlays.

mrmann

susank said:
    Alternative advertising placements throughout the North Market site may include trash cans, shopping baskets, picnic table tops, light pole signage, elevator wraps and parking stripe overlays.

bucki12

Naming rights can be lucrative…Huntington Bank North Market? ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bucki12 said:
    Naming rights can be lucrative…Huntington Bank North Market? ;)

Works for Dayton!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNC_Second_Street_Market

bucki12

ToddAnders
    Blocked

I’d rather see The Victoria Secrets North, drop the market. All of the vendors could be dresses as Snow Angels. Imagine the x-mas promotions? The Star David could be a hot Jewish gay?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION