Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Nintendo 3DS

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Video Games Nintendo 3DS

This topic contains 33 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Cole
    Participant

Walker said:
    Uh…. what?

http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

Wow… I’m still going to use the tanooki suit in Mario.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Press Release:
    Nintendo Sets Black Friday on Fire with Flame Red Nintendo 3DS Bundle

Starting Nov. 23, a limited-edition version of the Flame Red Nintendo 3DS will come with Super Mario 3D Land pre-installed on the system. The bundle is offered at a suggested retail price of $169.99, providing an incredible value for holiday shoppers. If purchased separately, the system and the game would be offered at suggested retail prices of $169.99 and $39.99 respectively.

Since it launched, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems has sold nearly 6 million in the United States alone. The portable dual-screen system lets users see 3D images without the use of special glasses, while providing them with a wide variety of gaming and entertainment options. People can explore and purchase additional games in the Nintendo eShop, or watch the fun and funny 3D videos on Nintendo Video.

Super Mario 3D Land reinvents everything fans love about Mario gaming with the first platforming environment in true 3D. Players will experience an exhilarating new sense of depth, distance and speed while running, jumping and stomping on enemies throughout the levels. Mario can also use the tail of his Tanooki suit to swipe at enemies or float down from heights.

For more information about Nintendo 3DS, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I haven’t touched my 3DS in months. Looking at the game lineups for it and the Vita, I think it’s pretty apparent that the dedicated handheld gaming market is dead. Way dead.

iOS and mobile have taken over.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t mind picking one up to play the new Mario games, Resident Evil Revelations and Advance Wars 3DS if that ever happens. Plus, the backwards compatibility is nice as I have a handful of great DS games and a broken DS.

Oh, and maybe this:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

What the what?

RhondaH

$130…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, and a basic 3DS is $170 MSRP. Seems like a weird step down for only saving $40.

Could probably find a 3DS on sale bundled with a $40 game pretty easily.

GCrites80s
    Participant

This thing is way more slammable than a 3DS. We’re not going to make any money doing those agonizing hinge repairs on the 2DS that we did on the other DSs.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

How Does the “New” 3DS Compare to the “Old” One?

READ MORE: http://kotaku.com/how-does-the-new-3ds-compare-to-the-older-one-1628391755

Chrysee
    Chrysee
    Participant

Ooooo the white one with the colored buttons! Why isn’t this out right now so I can play this fall’s new Pokemon and Persona on it.. :(

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I’m starting to think Nintendo wants to fail. First the 2DS, and now a new 3DS that lots of consumers will assume is the existing 3DS, yet some games require the new 3DS. Let’s fragment our limited user base even more.

Yes, Iwata was a genius in the 80’s and 90’s, but now they’re basically becoming what Sega was before they kicked the bucket.

Bad decision, after bad decision, after bad decision.

That’s great that Nintendo has their “treasure chest” of money, and can afford to bleed hundreds of millions of dollars in losses on an annual basis. It’s going to catch up to them sooner or later though. All the while they’re continually pissing off their loyal, and dwindling, fan base.

Just look at the game lineup for the rest of the year for Wii U. It’s basically non-existent. Seriously Nintendo, get your shit together on every single level before you’re history.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Damn, anyone on the fence should def get that deal. Tons of backlog DS and 3DS games to play.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

For the Zelda fans out there…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Video Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO