Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Eagle (Former La Fogata Space in The Short North)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Eagle (Former La Fogata Space in The Short North)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
  • Author

Where is this place? Did I miss the address?

Indie Pen Dent wrote Where is this place? Did I miss the address?

Between Haiku and Union. It used to be 2Co’s and then Rojo.

Went here with a friend. The prices average over $10, since there’s no lunch menu. Isn’t it basic restaurant practice to have a less expensive menu for lunch? I wasn’t going to pay $10 for one chimichanga and my friend was outraged at the $15 fajitas. So I went with El Grande Special for $12 since it looked like you get a lot of food. Actually, it was. In fact it was two full plates of food, better if you can go halfsies with someone, but I managed to get it down and keep it there. So, yeah, a lunch menu would be nice and the lack of one probably explained why there were only two other people in there.

caitlin

Walker wrote Anne & I stopped in tonight with a friend and we all thought the food was a little meh.

The chips were cold. Would have been better warm. The salsa was tasty though.

I had the enchiladas supreme. They were alright. I like the tri-color enchiladas at Cuco’s much much better. I think they’re cheaper there too.

I’d consider going back during the summer for the patio if that gets built. Otherwise, I’d probably just go somewhere else.

walker – am i to surmise from this that you are friends with pimp daddy welfare of “elmo pimps hoes” fame? because if that is so, we need to talk.

Cyclist

This is really close to my house. Maybe visit the patio…

But I plan on spending many hours a day on the Tip Top patio in ths spring summer, $1 beers all day everyday for cyclists.

caitlin

we just got back from eating dinner here – it was pretty bad.

the chips and salsa were good, which made me hopeful. but then i wanted to try their guacamole (bad guac is pretty much a deal-breaker for me) and it was listed on the menu as “guacamole salad” so i asked the waitress to explain and she seemed to guess that it was “like lettuce with guacamole and pico de galo”. strange, but i said okay. what was served to us was painfully embarrassing. a bread plate with a heap of shredded iceberg lettuce (which needs to disappear from nearly all menu items. everywhere.) with two or three tablespoons of guacamole hidden under a thick slice of tomato. it was awful to look at. and the guacamole didn’t pass the test.

i ordered some tostadas with beans and cheese (and lettuce/tomato – this is one instance where i approve of iceberg lettuce for the tasteless but crisp crunch factor) and they came out without cheese. this made me sad. but i still ate one. it wasn’t terrible but wasn’t good.

we were clearly done with our meal for about fifteen minutes before the waitress addressed us.

that was long-winded, my apologies. but thumbs down.

Cyclist wrote This is really close to my house. Maybe visit the patio…

But I plan on spending many hours a day on the Tip Top patio in ths spring summer, $1 beers all day everyday for cyclists.

Everyday? I have my helmet on my belt, but I only got a $1 at the “Gay goes Bi” party.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

caitlin wrote walker – am i to surmise from this that you are friends with pimp daddy welfare of “elmo pimps hoes” fame? because if that is so, we need to talk.

Wow, someone knows who Pimp Daddy Welfare is? :shock:

somertimeoh
    Participant

caitlin wrote what was served to us was painfully embarrassing. a bread plate with a heap of shredded iceberg lettuce (which needs to disappear from nearly all menu items. everywhere.) with two or three tablespoons of guacamole hidden under a thick slice of tomato. it was awful to look at. and the guacamole didn’t pass the test.

I’m not sure what their claim is, but if this is a Tex-Mex place, as opposed to authentic Mexican food, I’d say this is on par. Maybe not what you’re used to, but certainly nothing out of the ordinary. You will be served guac like this in 99% of Mexican restuarants in TX. It actually makes me want to check it out more and see if it’s more like the Mexican food I’m used to and haven’t found a replacement for in Columbus yet!! :D

Ooooh, I just saw that Osulew gave the thumbs up so that’s a good sign. I’ve really got to get in there! :lol:

Dru, have you been yet? I’ll need you to weigh in as well. Maybe we can get them to adopt Enchilada Wednesday and we can pretend we’re at El Fenix!!

luchobucho

Walker wrote

caitlin wrote walker – am i to surmise from this that you are friends with pimp daddy welfare of “elmo pimps hoes” fame? because if that is so, we need to talk.

Wow, someone knows who Pimp Daddy Welfare is? :shock:

3 asian girls and a bottle of vodka!

luchobucho

somertimeoh wrote

caitlin wrote what was served to us was painfully embarrassing. a bread plate with a heap of shredded iceberg lettuce (which needs to disappear from nearly all menu items. everywhere.) with two or three tablespoons of guacamole hidden under a thick slice of tomato. it was awful to look at. and the guacamole didn’t pass the test.

I’m not sure what their claim is, but if this is a Tex-Mex place, as opposed to authentic Mexican food, I’d say this is on par. Maybe not what you’re used to, but certainly nothing out of the ordinary. You will be served guac like this in 99% of Mexican restuarants in TX. It actually makes me want to check it out more and see if it’s more like the Mexican food I’m used to and haven’t found a replacement for in Columbus yet!! :D

Ooooh, I just saw that Osulew gave the thumbs up so that’s a good sign. I’ve really got to get in there! :lol:

Dru, have you been yet? I’ll need you to weigh in as well. Maybe we can get them to adopt Enchilada Wednesday and we can pretend we’re at El Fenix!!

How about a CU field trip.

I’d actually be interested in trying restaurants with people from this site and talking about it in person.

Ndcent

somertimeoh wrote

El Fenix is the shit. I have their salsa in my fridge.

I still like La Fogata though, I think you just ordered wrong. Or rather there are just certain items on the menu I think are done really well like the chile colorado when things like toastadas aren’t their thing.

dru
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote

No I haven’t made it yet. I was however at El Fenix over the holidays.

I have been meaning to try it, because I did not like Rojo but really want some good Mexican in the SN. If their guac had real avocado in it, it’s already 90% better than what Rojo served me.

We should plan this proposed field trip to La Fogata and evaluate it en masse. I have been meaning to try this. Perhaps next weekend?

somertimeoh
    Participant

^^^^Me too, I had it twice :oops:

Oh yeah, I haven’t had a margarita since I got home from Texas. I’m due!!

Everyone get your schedules figured out and let’s put this together later in the week. I’m down for Friday night or Saturday night 9ish and later.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

For anyone that has been and didn’t like it…give it another shot and try either the chile Colorado or the chile verde.

If you hate both, there may be no help for you. :wink:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO