Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The mystery project at Parsons & Kossuth

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The mystery project at Parsons & Kossuth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So, at the meetup tonight, Mr. Coolbuckeye mentioned a development project that he spotted at the corner of Kossuth and Parsons. I had no clue what he was talking about and looked for it on my way back home, and then it hit me. I recalled a few weeks ago seeing that old abandoned sanwich shop next to the Library being torn down. The name of the place escapes me now, the but the sign was something like “U.S. Sandwiches” or “U.S. Hamburgers” or something like that?

Anyway, that old building is gone, and a steel frame is going up on that site.

Anyone know what’s going up there?

The lot has been leased to Nationwide Children’s Hospital and it is where they will relocate Family Dollar (because they still have an active lease) that is currently in the old Kroger complex on the Northwest corner of Livingston and Parsons Avenue, so that Childrens they may begin constrution of a new phase.

Also, Bobb Chevrolet has just presented to the Schumacher Place neighborhood for a demolition permit on the southwest corner of Livingston and Parsons. They intend to lease the lost to several business the first of which is CVS that will be situated right on the corner.

HeySquare
    Participant

It should be noted that the CVS will be one relocated from across the street in the Kroger shopping center. I’m kind of surprised that they are relocating in that spot, since there is a CVS just a mile further south on Parsons. However, I can’t really argue with the placement, since I think a CVS at Livingston and Parsons will do quite well. There are two bus lines there, and it’s a busy intersection.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Sounds like the hospital is pretty serious about future expansion and they aren’t wasting any time securing the lots they need.

HeySquare
    Participant

Well… the Kroger shopping center has been pretty much a wasteland since the grocery left, so not the time may be a bit relative. However, for what its worth, I heard that that strip of shops will be replaced by a 7 story research building.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks for the updates, all. :D

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Apparently Stowe Baptist Church is also doing work in that area –they are expanding and moving across the street. I don’t have the cite but it was in the Dispatch this morning.

surber17
    Participant

Sounds like a lot of action down that way …. planning on riding my bike there and seeing what’s going on after work.

HeySquare
    Participant

Not so much *happening*… there is just a lot empty now, with plans for change I think. But probably worth doing a “before” in your head

Patch
    Participant

HeySquare wrote >>
    It should be noted that the CVS will be one relocated from across the street in the Kroger shopping center. I’m kind of surprised that they are relocating in that spot, since there is a CVS just a mile further south on Parsons. However, I can’t really argue with the placement, since I think a CVS at Livingston and Parsons will do quite well. There are two bus lines there, and it’s a busy intersection.

Ugh.

I have a feeling this is gonna really back up traffic at that intersection.

Yumyum
    Participant

If you want to see a before picture of 865-869 Parsons Ave. there’s one on page A:8 of the Greater Parsons Avenue area vision plan: http://assets.columbus.gov/development/planning/ParsonsAveVisionPlan.pdf

And then for what it’s worth… there’s mention of the Livington and Parsons Intersection on page 8 of the amendment to the southside plan: http://assets.columbus.gov/development/planning/SouthsideMerionVillageandSchumacherPlacePlan.pdf

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE