Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The More Than Music Festival, July 11-12

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals The More Than Music Festival, July 11-12

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

RitualEvents

well…without getting into to much detail…but to try to explain a few things we just found out yesterday as well the club was closing…but it wasnt supposed to close for two more wks…i guess they sped the process up…

i would like to clarify a few things as far as zoolu is concerned… first off it was an all ages show but there have been many all ages shows in there….so this wasnt the first…and to my understanding nothing illegal about throwing an all ages show..we were told that they could do it legally so we went on what they told us….

second cops were doing routine stops at bars all night sat night and wanted to come in a check occupancy permits…well the factory had theirs fine and dandy but they were unable “to find” the occupancy permits for status…which i am unsure whether there were permits or not…which put us in a bind…

we were originally not going to use the space but since there was massive thunderstorms we felt for everyones saftey it woudl be better to do it indoors…they offered status to us so we took it rather than cancel a whole stage… we didnt really explore if they truly had permits or not because it had been open previously for crystal method and danny howells so we didnt think there was a problem…

as far as the owners themselves i have to reserve comment at this time…but i think whats going onright now people can determine for themselves.

it is sad and i feel so bad for mahassa and all involved for more than music fest…its a tragedy….

we will continue to throw events in the future..im taking a lil time off to recoup after sat night…it was so exhausting…but we are going to keep things alive…it may just have to be scaled back for a little bit to once again create that great atmosphere and energy of yrs past…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cool. thanks for filling us in on this…

Jed Haldeman

On the donewaiting message board someone said RJD2 would be playing 12-2 at Little Brother’s and Cringe.com lists him as playing there tonight.

http://www.cringe.com/current/modules.php?op=modload&name=IncludePage&file=index&page=/ls.htm

http://donewaiting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1259

Jed Haldeman

If you call little brother’s phone number it’s confirmed that RJD2 is playing. 18+ $12 for under 21 and $10 for everyone else.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cool. glad some places are salvaging what’s left of this festival. :)

i just posted it up on the front page….

this might be old news… but someone told me that the factory was busted for underage drinking? maybe i’m wrong… but theres my 2cents dammit.

Cabroon

http://donewaiting.com/oh/index.php#001453

I found this e-mail on Bettawreckonize.com, still verifying the source. From the MTM organizers:

There’s not much more to say about this, guys. Except for: I’m sorry for the late notice.

So here’s what I’m able to tell you at this point.

As of Tuesday, the show was still a go. The space was being cleaned, and the first elements of the show were going up.

On Wednesday, however, the owner/landlord of the venue put up an eviction notice and invalidated the venue’s liquor licence. Apparently, the renters/managers of the space owed some back rent or something. The venue owner (apparently) did not want these guys to make a bunch of money doing this show, so he decided to evict them early, without regard to previous commitments — including the commitment to allow the MTM to happen in their venue.

After waiting one night to weigh all possible options, today (Thursday), we appealed to the space owner directly, with regard to these commitments. He seemed unconcerned with our plight, however, instead choosing to answer us by changing the locks on the doors.

Because of this situation, the venue managers obviously cannot honor their agreement to host this show. What’s worse, is that they have tried to wash their hands of the entire affair. “There’s nothing we can do.” This despite numerous promises made by the venue managers that the show would happen NO MATTER WHAT.

So in short, a show that has been months in the planning — involving some 60+ artists coming from all over the country (and the world), with untold time and money spent by all parties involved preparing for this event — is being scuttled through no fault of the MTM promoters themselves.

So again, guys, I’m sorry if this has just been a fantastic waste of time on your part. It’s a sad way for the final MTM to go down. Sad that Columbus will yet again be remembered for what has FAILED to happen rather than what HAS happened.

Jed Haldeman

It really is quite sad that the owner of the space had to be such an ass. Along with the people to run the space and their blatant misuse of the space “not paying the rent”. You know those guys have GOT the money. These people have had problems with many people in Columbus. With not paying their help. Not paying promoters, soundmen. I could go on and on. And I have spoken to these people who say the owners of Mekka/MF owe them many funds.

I can only hope that someone will have the ability and the money, but most of all…The Business Sense to bring Mekka or whatever they want to call it. Back to life. For it was a great space. I had many good times in there as i’m sure you have too.

I guess that Standard or Red Zone is now going to be able to pick up the slack that has been left. Bring it on!

We need more good events in Columbus.

And I thought it was about to get really big. Seeing how we got PVD to play here, and Jimmy Van M (whom many people missed a great set). Who knows what could’ve happened next…Digweed…Sasha…Tiesto…Oakenfold.

Next time…Keep it real. And Don’t screw people around.

Jeffrey Collins

Jed Haldeman

I must let you know that in the event of MTM being cancelled. The ele_mental crew have moved their anniversary to a new spot. And last night was really great.

Jeffrey Collins

ele_mental 10 year anniversary part 1.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DJs … boogie, house, tech jazz mashups

DEGO [4 HERO, Reinforced, 2000 Black, Talkin’ Loud]

ED LUNA aka LUNAR [ele_mental]

TODD SINES [Planet E, Peacefrog, Residual, 2122]

live

DOORMOUSE [breakcore / noise] tbc

10 PM – LATE

$5 or pay what you can!

AND

tomorrow night

DRAGONFLY / NEO: 247 King Avenue, Columbus, OH 43201

614.298.9986 * http://www.dragonflyneov.com/

ele_mental 10 year anniversary part 2.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ele_mental sound system

featuring ele_mental + Residual DJs

THOMAS JAMES

MAKKU DA KUTTA

MIKE SOLOMON

DOUG BLACK

ADAM YURATOVAC

ROB RAGE

MIKE LAUFF

POWERHOUSE

L BLACK

MELODY + MELIA

TODD SINES [LIVE]

GEOFF WHITE [LIVE] tbc

+

8 PM – LATE

$5 or pay what you can!

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD! call all of your friends!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Cabroon wrote Sad that Columbus will yet again be remembered for what has FAILED to happen rather than what HAS happened.

I agree with everyone being upset about the event being cancelled, but this last line strikes me as being a bit out of place. Honestly, how can you blame a whole city, full of plenty of people who work their asses off to make things happen, for the fault of a few shady people screwing others around? Blame those individuals for this… don’t cast it off as being the fault of the city.

Jed Haldeman

I cant believe this! I just turned 18 six months ago, so I could never had expierinced the previous openings of the club spot in the buggyworks, but The factory was easily the best club in columbus. No where else had a better lighting or sound system, I actually tried to apply for a job there since I liked it so much. This saddens me that it is being closed. I’ve seen every single big artist that has come there this year. I wasnt able to go to Zooluu, but thats the first time. That place really brought me into the clubbing scene. I really dont like going to the rockstar nights, I bring glow sticks (yeah I’m one of those glow stick on a string guys) and they never play enough techno to justify. I love house, and I’m interested in going to the “you are house” thing, but I need to figure out where the place is. Well I’m off to go fishing. I hope sombody else opens up the buggyworks place, and makes it even better then before.

Brandon M

PS. catch me online sometime, my AOL IM screen name is DublinDiver2k3

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

BrandonM wrote I cant believe this! I just turned 18 six months ago, so I could never had expierinced the previous openings of the club spot in the buggyworks, but The factory was easily the best club in columbus. No where else had a better lighting or sound system, I actually tried to apply for a job there since I liked it so much. This saddens me that it is being closed.

Give it 9 months to a year, and it’ll re-open again under yet another name. :)

Jed Haldeman

Walker wrote

Give it 9 months to a year, and it’ll re-open again under yet another name. :)

Oh, please let that be the case, I just dont think it will happen though.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Well, after hearing more of the details it may not re-open again. I said this at first because that spot has been the home of several clubs with different names, but it looks like the place might finally be turning into Arena District condos as was planned quite awhile ago. A lounge may pop up there, but no mega-club anymore. :(

Jed Haldeman

I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but NOTHING is doing well right now. I haven’t been to a club in months that has had a great crowd. Every time I go out it just seems like a bunch of people are sitting around waiting for something to happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: