Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Martian

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film The Martian

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Alex Silbajoris 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

THE MARTIAN | Official Trailer: During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney (Matt Damon) is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive. Millions of miles away, NASA and a team of international scientists work tirelessly to bring “the Martian” home, while his crewmates concurrently plot a daring, if not impossible rescue mission. As these stories of incredible bravery unfold, the world comes together to root for Watney’s safe return. Based on a best-selling novel, and helmed by master director Ridley Scott, THE MARTIAN features a star studded cast that includes Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig, Kate Mara, Michael Peña, Jeff Daniels, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Donald Glover.

Jesse Bethea
    Jesse Bethea
    Participant

The book was hilarious and I really hope they include that humor. This trailer makes it look all action/drama.

Jesse Bethea
    Jesse Bethea
    Participant

Some examples of how hilarious this movie should be;https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/6540057.Andy_Weir

Jesse Bethea
    Jesse Bethea
    Participant

I love this book and I’m super excited for this movie, so I will be spamming this thread, prepare yourselves;

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Some examples of how hilarious this movie should be;https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/6540057.Andy_Weir

Hahaha! Lots of good stuff in there. ;)

The trailer looked like it had an inkling of that. Hopefully more where that came from.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

The book was hilarious and I really hope they include that humor. This trailer makes it look all action/drama.

So it’s not a prequel to Interstellar?? That makes sense.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Watched this last night, REALLY enjoyed it. The humor definitely carried over into the film, plus some really intense stuff as well.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Those quotes are a blast!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.