Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

da leVee

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author

mbeaumont
    Participant

We went tonight and this place really does live up to the hype. Flavors are really incredible. And the bread is heaven. We’ll be back a lot I think.

Rastapasta

I loved my lunch today (hunters stew), you really can’t beat this place.. I’ll probably be eating here multiple times a week.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Today’s Fudha: $5 for $10 at Da Levee!

Link: http://bit.ly/da-levee

Rastapasta

$5 for $10? deal.

Two full plates would then come to $5 +2= 7..not bad

patient_zero
    Participant

Walker wrote >>

I was so excited when I received that Fudha email today. This is some great exposure for Justin, as well as da leVee.

By the way, if you know someone who can produce a custom window banner on the cheap, you may be able to work out a food trade.

myliftkk
    Participant

patient_zero wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

I was so excited when I received that Fudha email today. This is some great exposure for Justin, as well as da leVee.
    By the way, if you know someone who can produce a custom window banner on the cheap, you may be able to work out a food trade.

How cheap? I know of a number of vinyl lettering sources that do quality work if he’s looking.

patient_zero
    Participant

myliftkk wrote >>

patient_zero wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

How cheap? I know of a number of vinyl lettering sources that do quality work if he’s looking.

Just PM’d you. Thanks!

Bear
    Participant

Stopped in today. Really nice guys, and a good selection of tasty food. I could be wrong but I’d guess they start with a roux — something gives the gumbo a really nice depth. Did seem a bit glutinous, which could be balanced off with a judicious amount of heat, if they’d be willing to notch it up, which would be my own preference, though I understand the desire not to wound people. Real cooking, though, right down to the bay leaf.

Tigertree

There are like 12 hot sauces by the drinks…

michaelcoyote
    Participant

hot sauce =/= cooked in spice

Still, I’ll be trying these guys out. How much eat in space do they have?

Da Levee

Thanks everyone for all of your support. Its really been a pleasure serving food to such great people! Columbus has made me feel right at home and I am extremely thankful for that. Have a great Saturday and looking forward to seeing you all soon.

KSquared

Went today with cr0m and his parents. Good stuff! I had the white chicken chili and hunter’s stew and both were well done. Very inexpensive, especially with the Fudha.
    I also overheard that they are going to be open late tonight and are planning to serve jambalaya burritos! If we end up at gallery hop, I know what I’m eating!!

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Stopped in yesterday and got some gumbo. It’s a nice option for that part of High street. I wish them all the best.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Wow!

I finally had a chance to check this place out (I don’t get out much)…I am an instant fan. Sampled lots of stuff but I ordered the mushroom & spinach ettouffe and the gumbo. Loved em both and the bread. Also loved the huge selection of every hot sauce known to man. I went with the house chili flake red stuff and it was perfect.

Also I’m a big fan of the interior, it looks great in there. Reminds me of old school Short North.

Justin is a wonderful chef/host/restaurateur and I wish him the best. I think this place is my newest addiction.

Really happy the Short North has such a great new addition!

FritzLegit

I just had the pleasure of eating at this new addition to the area. The staff was incredible, does anyone besides Coldstone Creamery let you try before you buy. Anyway, sampled the entire menu, made my choices (Hunters Stew and Chilli Cheese Et Touffe) thoroughly enjoyed me meal. And I plan on stopping back in tomorrow for lunch : )…….by the way I took the time to create a profile on this site just to spread the news. Would have actually paid double for this meal…..support small businesses, that’s how we keep them around.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION