Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Leftovers

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV The Leftovers

This topic contains 34 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  scarletandgrey 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

And just like that, they were gone. The Leftovers is coming soon to HBO.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Intrigued by this, especially given HBO’s recent track record. Also, comes from Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof.

bayrea
    Participant

How about that new trailers for The Leftovers before tonight’s episode of GOT… much more interesting than the 1st trailer.. plus Lost writers, it shall be awesome.

bayrea
    Participant

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Watched it before GoT. Epic trailer. Looks amazing.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Got caught up last night.

Best episode yet.

RBloodworth
    Participant

This show definitely is not for everyone- last week’s stoning scene may have been the darkest, most brutal thing I’ve ever seen on television- but I have to give it credit for staying true to its creator’s vision. Anyone who criticizes Game of Thrones for being bleak, depressing and nihilistic needs to seriously watch this thing (Hell, even True Detective seems like a laugh riot compared to this). Despite all of that, though, I’m still hooked.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Was the Fed the police chief spoke to on the phone straight up offering a hit squad to exterminate the GR!?

Because that is hard core.

DavidF
    Participant

This show is brutally bleak and yet it has got me completely caught up and wanting to see where it takes me.

DavidF
    Participant

Was the Fed the police chief spoke to on the phone straight up offering a hit squad to exterminate the GR!?

Because that is hard core.

That was like a punch to the gut. I think it was the almost off hand way he made the offer that was so chilling.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Pretty riveted by this show but also kind of undecided because I worry how it will all play out, particularly with whoever Wayne is. Still, so far its a very intense ride.

RBloodworth
    Participant

<P></P>
    <P>Because that is hard core.</P>

That’s what it sounded like to me as well, although- as is the case with everything involving Kevin- you have to wonder if the conversation was real or a vivid hallucination. He seems to have a case of Rust Cohle syndrome.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

That raid on Wayne’s Ranch was pretty hit squad-ish though.

bayrea
    Participant

At first I thought the raid on Wayne’s compound in the 2nd episode was super unrealistic as it relates to the way the ATF would conduct a raid. In the middle of the night just shooting people?? I almost gave up on the show but stuck with it. After last night that scene makes much more sense. The Government has surely gone rogue and picking off the cults.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Such a great episode, I love that they just focused on one extraneous character for the whole thing and how totally fucked up she was. Still iffy on the Holy Wayne angle though, its interesting so far I guess. I mean, he’s a holy man…but basically a dick?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.