Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Kasich Governorship - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics The Kasich Governorship – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1,996 through 2,010 (of 2,023 total)
  • Author

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

I honestly could have given him the benefit of the doubt if his first act as governor–before he even took the oath of office–hadn’t been to waive off funding for 3Cs rail, something that would have done more to improve the economic and infrastructural outlook for this state and the region than any of his pet projects during the entire four years of his first term.

As it stands, in my eyes, he is a criminally shortsighted buffoon. That’s on a good day.

He’s the poster boy for Baby Boomers who idealize the 1950s, and why the very same are unfit as leaders during the 21st century.

News
    Participant

News
    Participant

News
    Participant

Former Candidate Files Complaint Against Kasich Campaign
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS • 22 HOURS AGO

A would-be libertarian candidate in Ohio’s gubernatorial election last year has filed a complaint alleging Gov. John Kasich’s re-election team broke election law and owes a hefty fine.

READ MORE: http://radio.wosu.org/post/former-candidate-files-complaint-against-kasich-campaign

News
    Participant

News
    Participant

Kasich Signs Budget After Making 44 Vetoes
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS • JUL 1, 2015

Ohio Gov. John Kasich on Tuesday signed the next two-year, $71.3 billion state budget, but not before making some big changes.

READ MORE: http://radio.wosu.org/post/kasich-signs-budget-after-making-44-vetoes

News
    Participant

What Ohio Gov. John Kasich is doing to public education in his state
    By Valerie Strauss July 20 at 3:33 PM

With two-term Ohio Gov. John Kasich joining the crowd of candidates for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, it’s a good time to look at the public education mess that has developed in his state under his leadership.

READ MORE: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2015/07/20/what-ohio-gov-john-kasich-is-doing-to-public-education-in-his-state/

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The signage is not terribly good.

Pablo
    Participant

High St. is lined with satellite trucks and police dogs.

paul.szuter
    paul.szuter
    Participant

vomit

News
    Participant

John Kasich Bans OSU Students From His Presidential Announcement At OSU
    by Joseph on July 21, 2015 · 16 Comments

At 11 a.m. tomorrow John Kasich will take the stage at The Ohio State University’s Ohio Union to officially declare his candidacy for president of the United States of America. At 10:05 this evening Kasich’s campaign sent out emails to multiple Ohio State students informing them that they would no longer be allowed to attend the Kasich event.

READ MORE: http://www.plunderbund.com/2015/07/21/john-kasich-bans-osu-students-from-his-presidential-announcement-at-osu/

pez
    Participant

John Kasich Bans OSU Students From His Presidential Announcement At OSU<br>

At 11 a.m. tomorrow John Kasich will take the stage at The Ohio State University’s Ohio Union to officially declare his candidacy for president of the United States of America. At 10:05 this evening Kasich’s campaign sent out emails to multiple Ohio State students informing them that they would no longer be allowed to attend the Kasich event.<br>

READ MORE: http://www.plunderbund.com/2015/07/21/john-kasich-bans-osu-students-from-his-presidential-announcement-at-osu/

Sounds like this was a selective disinvite and not a general student one. Since it was a private event, I can’t say I blame them for not allowing people who likely are detractors from coming and potentially disrupting the event.

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>News wrote:</div>
    John Kasich Bans OSU Students From His Presidential Announcement At OSU<br><br>

At 11 a.m. tomorrow John Kasich will take the stage at The Ohio State University’s Ohio Union to officially declare his candidacy for president of the United States of America. At 10:05 this evening Kasich’s campaign sent out emails to multiple Ohio State students informing them that they would no longer be allowed to attend the Kasich event.<br><br>

Sounds like this was a selective disinvite and not a general student one. Since it was a private event, I can’t say I blame them for not allowing people who likely are detractors from coming and potentially disrupting the event.

Sounds like something Richard Nixon would do.

pez
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>pez wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>News wrote:</div><br>
    John Kasich Bans OSU Students From His Presidential Announcement At OSU<br><br><br>

At 11 a.m. tomorrow John Kasich will take the stage at The Ohio State University’s Ohio Union to officially declare his candidacy for president of the United States of America. At 10:05 this evening Kasich’s campaign sent out emails to multiple Ohio State students informing them that they would no longer be allowed to attend the Kasich event.<br><br><br>
    <br>

Sounds like something Richard Nixon would do.

I’m sure Nixon kept detractors out of private events, but so has Ford, Carter, Kemp, Reagan, Anderson, Mondale, both Bushes, Perot, both Clintons (one is doing it now), Dole, Gore, McCain, Romney and Obama.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I honestly could have given him the benefit of the doubt if his first act as governor–before he even took the oath of office–hadn’t been to waive off funding for 3Cs rail, something that would have done more to improve the economic and infrastructural outlook for this state and the region than any of his pet projects during the entire four years of his first term.

As it stands, in my eyes, he is a criminally shortsighted buffoon. That’s on a good day.

He’s the poster boy for Baby Boomers who idealize the 1950s, and why the very same are unfit as leaders during the 21st century.

Everything you said +1000

Viewing 15 posts - 1,996 through 2,010 (of 2,023 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: