Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Jackson on High

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Jackson on High

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 196 total)
  • Author

n8n

I can’t wait to move in! I was really happy with the standard finishes. Picking them out was a lot of fun and I feel like my unit really suits me. Mike and Jennifer (interior designer) were a pleasure to work with, not to mention the fact that I worked with Jennifer for hours on my design and the Jackson footed the bill.

I’ve still got my fingers crossed for closing by the end of November and paying off my car with the 8k tax credit.

bradhowe
    Participant

I am glad to hear poster n8n is enjoying the buying process at The Jackson. Our theme is “Giving buyers value” and no better way to do this than offering top notch finishes in the standard package along with tremendous amenities not seen before in the area.

Our drywall crews are full speed ahead right now and finishes start in early November. Things are no doubt getting exciting.

Brad

surber17
    Participant

n8n …. i am quite jealous.

bradhowe
    Participant

Press Release: Short North’s Jackson on High Achieves Major Milestone[/u]

(Columbus, Ohio November 5, 2009)- Real Estate Developer Brad Howe, with JBH Holdings, announced today that The Jackson on High development has reached a major milestone by receiving Federal Housing Administration (FHA) approval for the condominium project. With flexible lending guidelines, including a lower down payment option, this recent achievement provides the opportunity to expand the target buyer pool. By achieving this milestone The Jackson now offers the best buyer financing options available.

“We are extremely thrilled to have received FHA approval in advance of our first units being ready November 30.” Brad Howe stated. “JBH Holdings has created an iconic building that truly embraces the Short North’s lifestyle and now with FHA approval, buyers will be able to benefit from the many benefits provided by the FHA program.”

Understanding the challenges that developers face in a turbulent real estate market, Howe knew the importance of working diligently to receive FHA approval for The Jackson on High. “Being able to read even the slightest change in the marketplace and taking aggressive action to avoid pitfalls has led to the continued success of The Jackson,” Howe stated. “So, it seemed like a no-brainer that FHA approval, and the benefits associated with it, was the way to go.

More about JBH Holdings

After having established a solid reputation within the real estate investment industry, long time business partners Bradley Howe and John Bonner decided to join forces and creat JBH Holdings, LLC. Focusing on identifying and securing development opportunities that offer its investors optimal ROI, JBH Holdings adheres to a strict community and social responsibility in developing real estate offerings that retain value and offer thoughtfully planned dynamic architecture that transcend temporary design fads. For JBH Holdings it is these guiding principles that manage to secure the organization consistent success with each project they undertake.

The Jackson on High, the latest undertaking by JBH Holdings, is an eight-story urban mixed-use development designed to offer 44 high-end residential condominiums, 4,600 square feet of commercial retail space, 33 storage units and 86 parking spaces in an attached garage to Columbus’ popular Short North Arts and Entertainment District. The building will offer a rooftop pool overlooking downtown and High Street and provide many other features that are firsts in the area. Construction began September 7, 2008. The project, referred to by many as iconic will be the anchor to the northern entrance of the Short North.

bradhowe
    Participant

For Immediate Release
    Vasilios C. Birlidis
    JBH Holdings, Public Relations Division
    Direct- 614-271-0618
    [email protected]

Press Release: 100% Tax Abatement for The Jackson on High

(Columbus, Ohio December 15, 2009)- Real Estate Developer Brad Howe, with JBH Holdings, announced today that The Jackson on High project has reached a major milestone by receiving a 100% real estate tax abatement for 10 years. Columbus’ City Council returned the unanimous approval for the tax abatement during the December 14 evening session. The measure would make The Jackson on High the only existing condominium project in The Short North to receive a full 100% abatement. The Jackson falls within the newly created CRA (Community Reinvestment Area) named “High and Second Community Reinvestment Area – ORD1685-2009”.

“JBH Holdings applauds the tremendous support we have received from City Council, Mayor Coleman and the City of Columbus Department of Development.” Brad Howe stated. “From the very start, Columbus has embraced The Jackson on High and shared in its vision and we believe the achievement of this incredible tax abatement showcases the belief people have in JBH Holdings and its ability to deliver on its promises of high-end luxury at a reasonable price.”

The 100% tax abatement, equal to about 1.9 % of the purchase price per year, would be a major savings to the consumer. For example, a condominium purchased for $300,000 would receive an estimated tax savings of $57,000 over the life of the abatement, or $475 per month. Savings would increase or decrease depending on the condominium’s purchase price and changes in the property tax rates.

“From the very start we decided never to put profits above the consumer,” Howe continued. “While some would introduce an amazing product to Columbus and then strip it down to increase profits, JBH Holdings has remained committed to the consumer by keeping quality high and delivering on promises. We believe promises made are promises kept and this mantra has registered well with City of Columbus officials and the Greater Columbus marketplace.”

The 100% tax abatement comes on the heels of The Jackson on High receiving FHA approval. “Although the real estate marketplace has begun to show some signs of recovery, it is clear that incentives like the 100% tax abatement will be a major enticement to motivate consumers to sign on the dotted line. This coupled with what an amazing condominium product The Jackson on High is, located in the exciting Short North, and you pretty much have an irresistible urban living option.”

More about JBH Holdings
    After having established a solid reputation within the real estate investment industry, long time business partners Bradley Howe and John Bonner decided to join forces and created JBH Holdings, LLC. Focusing on identifying and securing development opportunities that offer its investors optimal ROI, JBH Holdings adheres to a strict community and social responsibility in developing real estate offerings that retain value and offer thoughtfully planned dynamic architecture that transcend temporary design fads. For JBH Holdings it is these guiding principles that manage to secure the organization consistent success with each project they undertake.

The Jackson on High, the latest undertaking by JBH Holdings, is an eight-story urban condominium development designed to offer 44 high-end residential condominiums, 4,600 square feet of commercial retail space and 91 parking spaces in an attached garage to Columbus’ popular Short North Arts and Entertainment District. The building will offer a rooftop pool overlooking downtown and High Street and provide many other features that are firsts in the area. Construction began September 7, 2008. The project, referred to by many as iconic will be the anchor to the northern entrance of the Short North.

n8n

Nice!! The tax abatement was a very pleasant surprise. I honestly didn’t even know it was on the table for discussion until I got a call last night letting me know it was approved. Out of nowhere my budget just got more loose.

bradhowe
    Participant

The Jackson on High development has had some special events happen over the past month. Obtaining our FHA approval from the government last month was extremely exciting and important. With City Council approving a 100% 10-year tax abatement on Monday the positive momentum continues.

I would now like to say we have another large announcement coming before the first of the year. It involves all 4,600 sqft of our retail space. The concept is now in place with behind the scenes work underway in anticipation of a major news release in the coming days.

Please stay tuned, it will be exciting for everyone in the Short North.

Thank you – Brad Howe

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

@BradHowe, thanks for the updates!

goldenidea
    Participant

Brad – Can you share with us with any info the type of commercial/retail tenant(s) you are considering for the ground floor? Will they likely be regional or national?

My complements on how great The Jackson is looking. The view of it is quite impressive, especially as I ride my bike down 4th Ave from Summit Street toward High Street in the evening.

Realizing it may still be awhile off, are there any plans to have an open house during a gallery hop?

Mercurius
    Participant

Looks great

bradhowe
    Participant

The Jackson retail tenant will be occupying all 4,600 sqft of space. The grand opening will take place March 1st. Next week please look for a press release about the concept. In the January issue of (614) Magazine I have reserved the center spread that will talk about the retail tenant and the 100% 10-year tax abatement for The Jackson residential units.

The retail tenant isn’t a national name but the concept is amazing. In the release next week you will get a lot more information but I can promise the business is tailoring to an under-served market. The decor is rich and elegant and fitting to the overall Jackson on High theme.

Brad

AmyJ
    Participant

I hope it’s a supermarket!

bradhowe
    Participant

A super market would be a nice addition to the neighborhood no doubt. However, that isn’t the concept going in the space.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

AmyJ wrote >>
    I hope it’s a supermarket!

You do know that there already is one two blocks up the street, right? And it’s scheduled for a complete rebuild sometime in the near future… ;)

fortksa

Can’t wait to see who our new neighbor will be! ..so can anyone use the pool? :)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 196 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: