Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Jackson on High

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Jackson on High

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 196 total)
  • Author

bradhowe
    Participant

My name is Brad Howe and I am the developer of The Jackson on High project in the Short North. The project is really starting to take shape and I couldn’t be more happy and excited with the progress we are experiencing.

We are on schedule and under budget. Because of this we are adding even more exciting things to the project. The views from the units are stunning and I encourage all to stop down and take a tour.

We are the first in the city to offer the state of the art Nana-Wall doors with our units. We are also working on green products such as LED lighting. Our standard package of finishes are other projects upgrades. The roof top pool on High Street is the 1st of its kind.

I promise when you study The Jackson you will be proud of all of the hard work our team has been doing.

Thank you – Brad

JonMyers
    Participant

Congratulations Brad! I think it’s awesome to see the cranes and building activity in our neighborhood.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update, Brad! I agree with Jon that it’s pretty exciting to watch the construction taking place. :D

NerosNeptune
    Participant

the building looks great and is coming along nicely. if only i had money

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

we watch the crane like a sundial over surly girl saloon. it’s kinda scary to be under it, it’s amazing!

bradhowe
    Participant

Another important feature The Jackson is going to offer is conforming rates for our buyers. Conforming means the best rates and terms the street offers for buyer financing. As the developer we must submit a detailed package to the government HUD office for approval. We are working with Wells Fargo on this packet which will end up in the Philadelphia HUD office in the next couple of weeks. The approval is a formality as long as our packet is complete. We are working with Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease in ensure our packet is satisfactory and ready for quick approval.

We are going after FHA approval which will allow smaller down-payments of around 3%. This is extremely important because money is very cheap right now. Some projects in town do not have the FHA approval which means they are non-conforming. If the project is non-conforming then the lender offering financing to buyers more than likely will have a rate of 6% fixed for 3 years and require 10% down or more.

So to recap The Jackson having the conforming status will allow our buyers to obtain 4.75% 30 year fixed rates of they closed today with as little as 3% down and minimal closing costs.

If you ever have any questions feel free to email through The Jackson website or call me directly at (614) 946-4693.

Thank you – Brad Howe

bjboose

keep it going! Cant wait to see the finished product

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bradhowe wrote >>
    The Jackson on High has the only roof top pool on High Street in the City of Columbus. The pool is located on the 5th floor facing downtown and the views are stunning. But did you know the pool has special equipment turning it into a hot tub/spa in the winter months?
    Our vision for The Jackson is to create a product that hasn’t been seen before in the area. Our pool manufacturer has told us they believe we will have the biggest hot tub/spa in the State of Ohio and one of the tops in the country.
    The is just another reason The Jackson will be a true iconic building.
    Thank you – Brad Howe
    JBH Holdings, LLC – managing member

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

surber17 wrote >>

bradhowe wrote >>
    The Jackson on High has the only roof top pool on High Street in the City of Columbus. The pool is located on the 5th floor facing downtown and the views are stunning. But did you know the pool has special equipment turning it into a hot tub/spa in the winter months?
    Our vision for The Jackson is to create a product that hasn’t been seen before in the area. Our pool manufacturer has told us they believe we will have the biggest hot tub/spa in the State of Ohio and one of the tops in the country.
    The is just another reason The Jackson will be a true iconic building.
    Thank you – Brad Howe
    JBH Holdings, LLC – managing member

Love the idea, just wondering how you are going to power the heat for it in the winter? Are condo dues going to pay for it? Has the idea of solar panels been kicked around to use more renewable energy?

bradhowe
    Participant

As a developer you try to create a product that fits the area in which you are building and meets the demographic’s needs/demands. Heating the pool in the winter will no doubt be an extra expense to the association. However, if the association thinks the costs are to high for the usage then the condo owners have the power to not heat the pool in the winter months. What I wanted to do is make sure the pool has the ability to be heated at a high level in the colder months.

We are looking into many “green” elements to implement into The Jackson. Please stay tuned to future updates.

Thank you – Brad Howe

JonMyers
    Participant

Brad, great job on reaching directly out to the community and being accessible. Wish The Jackson team all the best on this project.

Coreroc

Yeah it is great to reach out for input and to put your design logic on the chopping block. It’s a very bold move that wioll hopefully boast good results for you.

bradhowe
    Participant

It has been another positive week at The Jackson. Building around 125,000 sqft on a site that is about 1/2 acre (21,500 sqft) takes a lot of coordination. Ruscilli, our general contractor, is doing an amazing job of keeping things organized. On an average day we have almost 85 people on site that are actually working on the construction of the building. We are putting a lot in a little so the speak.

We had our exterior glass delivered this week and installation should start in the coming days. One of the strengths of The Jackson is the ratio of glass to the other exterior elements. The exterior elements are called the “skin” of the building. With our high ratio of glass and tall ceilings, natural light should be a great great feature of the project.

Guess what?…our pool gets set on the 5th floor with the big crane in the next few days. I CAN’T WAIT!!

Brad Howe

Tigertree

I get more excited every time I ride by this, it’s really flying by!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It is going up very quickly! Fun to watch the progress. :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 196 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: