Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The I Discovered A Snack Thread

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The I Discovered A Snack Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 377 total)
  • Author

drew
    Participant

Can’t say I discovered them, but sure do like ’em:

thorne

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    I tried the Conn’s Salt and Vinegar, and it’s pretty good.

+1

Sometimes you’ll get a random bag that are wavy. It’s the best surprise ever.

from world market: wasabi shrimp chips, dried chili mango, World market brand triple berry chocolate bar, dry roasted edamame, ginger gummy bears, and snap pea crisps…

AND…my favorite from CAM….red bean ice cream bars…Even in the winter I can’t resist eating one on the way home.

Patch
    Participant

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

DavidF wrote >>
    Oh, and you should try these:

I love the wasabi and soy version.

I saw the add for the wasabi and soy this weekend, and wondered how they were.

I’m gonna have to check them out.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I love to browse the snacks in Asian stores, it’s like “God knows what these are but I see a pepper on the label so I’ll try a bag.”

OK, my nominee for the Nastiest Snack: The Chinese “preserved vegetable” in the squat brown pottery jars, ever try it?

It’s shredded cabbage and maybe a few other things, with a huge amount of salt. It smells and tastes like someone attempted to clean dirty damp socks by shredding them and packing them in salt.

But you find yourself coming back to it later….

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Take 5!
    Hershey’s combines Chocolate, Pretzels, Caramel, Peanuts & Peanut Butter resulting in a deliciously sweet and salty snack!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

lifeliberty
    Participant

these are addicting: Tyrrells Hand Fried Potato Chips Cider Vinegar & Sea Salt, also available at Weilands

the Miss Vickies Jalapeno chips are good too

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

These chips were not all that good, but the label was worth scanning, what guy wouldn’t go for an angry woman with a bandolier of habaneros?

patient_zero
    Participant

Hot and Spicy Cheez-Its

somertimeoh
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>
    these are addicting: Tyrrells Hand Fried Potato Chips Cider Vinegar & Sea Salt, also available at Weilands

the Miss Vickies Jalapeno chips are good too

OMG, yes!! You can buy those?? I’ve only ever had them at Schlotsky’s.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I’m currently addicted to Trader Joe’s horseradish hummus with those damn sea salt pita chips they sell.

lifeliberty
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote
    OMG, yes!! You can buy those?? I’ve only ever had them at Schlotsky’s.

which one’s? the Tyrells are at Weilands, the Miss Vickies are sold at Subway and I’ve seen them a couple places.

I can say I am not much a fan of the Route 11 or the Grippos chips.

A classic fallback though is the Andy Capps Hot Fries

somertimeoh
    Participant

Miss Vickie’s chips. I’ve got to get to some new Subways. The ones I frequent are all Lays branded and maybe Sun Chips.

patient_zero
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    Miss Vickie’s chips. I’ve got to get to some new Subways. The ones I frequent are all Lays branded and maybe Sun Chips.

You can get them by the case on Amazon.com for $37.00 with free shipping! That’s about .50 per bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Vickies-Potato-Jalapeno-1-375-Ounce/dp/B000R7RN0G/ref=pd_sim_gro_1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 377 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: